Recruiting Lead at Praan
Views:153 Applications:3 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Praan - Mechanical Design & Test Engineer (2-8 yrs)
Praan (Praan, Inc.) is an impact focused deep-tech startup democratizing clean air using breakthrough technology. The company is backed by top tier VCs and CXOs globally. At Praan we focus on the mission, the people, and then the products.
Air pollution takes more than 7 Million lives globally every single year. Over 5% of premature children death occurs due to air pollution in developing countries. Praan is an attempt at making the future cleaner, healthier, and safer for the generations to come.
Job Description :
- Design and Iterate existing components and new upcoming devices.
- Develop CAD with geometric dimension and tolerance stacking.
- Create 2D drawings for high volume production.
- Work in R&D simultaneously to test new prototypes.
- Create DFMEA and identify relevant product risks.
- Creating EBOM, DFM/DFA for the manufacturer.
- Familiarity with Mechanical industry codes/standards (e.g. ASME, ASTM, etc.).
- Execute the assigned tasks/project scope within required KPI's.
- Perform required calculations for design verification
- Develop sub-system designs and make component selections
- Provide engineering support to sourcing / production teams
Skill Requirements :
- 2+ years of hands-on work experience with Autodesk Inventor/Fusion or similar softwares.
- BS/MS in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering.
- Extremely strong engineering fundamentals
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Hands on prototyping/maker skills for hardware
- Basic electronics and programming knowledge
Good to Have
- Past Inter-collegiate team competitions experience ( Eg. BAJA-SAE, Formula Student)
- Past experience working at a startup
- Praan is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, caste, gender, disability or any other criteria. We just care about working with great human beings!