head hunter at Archer & Bull
Views:204 Applications:12 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Principal/Chief Transport Planner (13-21 yrs)
Key Responsibilities :
1. Leading a team of transport planners and modellers and working with colleagues.
2. Leading the Update, Development and Maintenance of the Clients Strategic Transportation Model (STM) currently built on the VISUM platform.
3. Supporting on the development of policies, technical standards and guidance relating to the development and maintenance of the STM, prepared according to the Clients business needs and international good practice.
4. Providing technical leadership for projects.
5. Knowledge sharing and driving technical innovation with colleagues everywhere.
6. Some travel to Clients overseas offices will be required.
Essential Requirements :
- Graduates from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), NIT or School of Planning and Architecture.
- Proven record of accomplishment in the delivery of large-scale strategic transport planning projects and / models.
- Experience in maintenance practices for large multi-modal Strategic Transportation Models.
- Strong collaborative behaviours to interface with clients, other members of the local Transportation team, and other stakeholders.
- High levels of competence in all aspects of transportation planning including transport demand theory, development planning, access management, traffic engineering and public transport issues.
- Knowledge of the specification, collection, analysis and acceptability standards for surveys and data related to building and updating traffic models.
- Experience with urban planning and land development appraisals and transport impact assessments.
- Advanced GIS, scripting and data analysis skills & experience.
- Experience in operational modelling platforms including VISSIM, aaSIDRA, SYNCHRO, HCM.
- Well-developed skills in project management, technical delivery and resource management.
- Competence with Microsoft Office software.
- Familiarity with electronic document management and quality assurance systems.