Principal Engineer - Electrical Design (15-20 yrs)
A principal electrical design engineering position in the R&D department with primary responsibilities to design, maintain or improve hardware for an existing product used in surgeries, mentoring team members and leading projects which may not be only limited to electrical engineering from a technical point of view.
The engineer works closely with peers in electrical engineering, quality assurance and project and product management to develop product that meets customer and system requirements while being safe, robust and user friendly.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Lead a project and/or product line ups from technical point of view that may not be limited to electrical engineering only.
- Mentor the team members.
- Ability to handle component obsolescence in multiple products.
- Create schematic and review layout, BOM, Gerber files and create testing plans for the designs.
- Simulation, testing, and troubleshooting of designs, including bench testing, and debugging using test equipment
- Apply hands-on in-depth knowledge of test equipment including oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers etc.
- Flexibility is essential as specifications may not be fully defined at the start of development, and liaison with customers for continued feedback and input of requirements is likely throughout the development.
- Collaboration with other team members (including hardware, software, or design engineers) to agree system designs, drivers, algorithms, firmware, and protocols etc.
- Development of appropriate test hardware and procedures, both informal and formal, to prove the correct operation of hardware.
- Optimize designs for PCBs and flex circuits for density, cost, thermal issues, and other factors
- Review and approve the manufacturing documents for PCBA
- Identify root causes of issues, determines potential solutions, and evaluates them against requirements.
- Participate in task planning and estimating activities.
- Responsible for delivering his work in defined timelines while achieving product quality goals
- Documentation of work according to organization quality standards.
- Follows the company's standards for code development and quality process and complies with quality management system procedures.
- Ensures the integrity and security of patient health information, company intellectual property, and confidential data
- Well versed with global work environment and ability to work with cross functional teams located across globe while being a good team player with high level of commitment and responsibility.
Desired Profile :
- The successful applicant should have an excellent electrical/ electronic hardware engineering background into embedded systems, good attention to detail, be self-motivated and effective in a team environment with multiple responsibilities
- Bachelor of Technology in Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication, Electrical engineering, or Masters in related discipline.
Experience : 15+ Years
Required Technical Skill Set :
- Experience in Board Designing of Embedded systems.
- Experience in Electrical circuit and hardware design (Analog/Digital).
- Experience with embedded products design, interfacing of Motor/Motion Control Systems/DSP/FPGA/microcontroller Systems
- Experience on microcontroller-based designs, power electronics design, Li-ion batteries, battery charger design
- Strong technical knowledge and hands on expertise in circuit / schematic design, symbols creation, PCB layout preferably on Cadence OrCAD/Allegro tools.
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC testing and ability to do onboard power electronic circuits debugging/troubleshooting using test tools.
- Knowledge of board bring up, testing and debugging.
- Hands on with lab equipment like DSO, logic analyzer etc.
- Experience on testing of complex electrical embedded systems
- Demonstrated documentation skills, strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
Good to have Technical Skills :
- RF circuit design