Principal Engineer - Infrastructure Development (10-15 yrs)
JOB DESCRIPTION :
JOB TITLE : Principal Engineer - Development Infrastructure
JOB LOCATION : Noida
BUSINESS STREAM : Planning & Advisory
ABOUT US :
- WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
- We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 42,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
- With 700+ talented people in Noida & Bengaluru offices across India, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. www.wsp.com.
- There has never been a more rewarding time to be a WSP employee. The launch of our new brand is a direct reflection of what we have accomplished, where we are today and our vision for the future. It reflects our uncompromising determination for excellence and focus on connecting our employees, clients and other stakeholders to deliver complex and sustainable projects, paving the way for a future where society can thrive.
JOB REQUISITES :
Role Summary :
- Our Development Infrastructure team specialises in providing both strategic and detailed design advice to predominantly private sector clients on planning and design issues relating to Highways, Public Realm, Signal Design, Sewerage, SUDS, Below Ground Building Drainage, Earthworks, Flood Protection and Utilities Coordination/Diversion across numerous sectors in the UK.
- We are seeking to recruit a Principal Engineer to join the team and work closely with our UK offices.
- Your principal role will be as a principal design engineer working within small teams produce designs and drawings to support planning applications and construction. You can expect to be active on a number of projects at any given time. You will report to the In-country Head of the team.
- Day to day project management in the delivery of concept studies and strategies with hands on design, leading to planning applications, detailed design and construction drawings.
- The position will involve internal client liaison, assisting in the preparation of fee proposals and financial control of projects when acting as a package project manager.
- Responsible for ensuring your projects are delivered to budget, programme and technical standards and meet QA, CDM, Sustainability and HSE requirements
- Direct line management, including mentoring and managing early career professionals ensuring technical excellence is in everything we deliver.
- Preparation of fee proposals, and involvement in business development activities.
- Helping maintain the culture and positive working environment in the team.
Key Competencies / Skills :
Mandatory Skills :
- The ability to produce, site appraisals, design calculations, design and construction drawings and writing reports.
- Ability to prepare designs for drainage and highway schemes
- Solid knowledge of the relevant design codes such as Sewers for Adoption, DMRB and Local
- Authority Design Guides, to be well versed in the preparation of drawings for Contract Documents and S278, S104 and S38 Agreements.
- Experience in the design of sewers using WINDES, highways using C3D/PDS (or similar software packages) together with experience in applying Highways England, Local Authority and National (e.g. Manual for Streets) design guidance.
- Proficiency in the use of Civil 3D/PDS, AutoCad and AutoTrack.
- Strong communication skills and the desire to be a part of a successful close knit team
- Experience and an interest in helping the junior members of the team in producing designs.
- Proven experience taking responsibility for line management, supervision and/or mentoring junior team members.
- An interest in growing your portfolio and work winning
- You will have a bachelor's or post graduate degree in Civil Engineering with at least 10 years post-graduate experience with a consultancy or developer.
- You will be a Chartered Engineer (or near chartered) with international professional institutions such as ICE, CIHT or have equivalent international professional qualification.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES :
- We value our people and our reputation.
- We make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great. We put the highest ethical standards at the centre of all we do. Professionalism is inherent in our offering. We are humble and act with moral and intellectual integrity, keep our word, treat everyone with respect, support our colleagues, and embrace diversity. We care about individuals and their progress and offer the most fulfilling career development for our professionals. We promote our young recruits because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
We are locally dedicated with international scale.
- Our strength is our ability to adapt to our client culture and local markets. We provide our clients with the same personalized services as a specialist firm while at the same time leveraging our worldwide expertise to undertake the most complex projects and assist our clients to realize their ambitions. We achieve this by remaining agile, with a common-sense approach, and by keeping our structure and business model simple and lean. Our focus on growth also allows us to better serve our clients by expanding our offering, expertise and geographical reach.
We are future-focused and challenge the status quo.
- We anticipate trends in order to propose innovative ideas for our clients to meet their business objectives. We ask questions, look at complex problems from different angles and find solutions that break paradigms. We are problem-solvers who evolve, improve, modernize and excel. We know our solutions will shape the communities of tomorrow and help societies thrive sustainably. We embrace change and have an uncompromising determination to achieve excellence.
We foster collaboration in everything we do.
- Our international agility is founded on our collaborative working environment. Our devotion to teamwork creates unique international networks of outstanding professionals who understand that great achievements come from collaboration. We embrace and support a high-performing culture, always strive to learn from others, and foster a stimulating work environment. We put the interest of our team ahead of our own and joining us is the best way to fully understand the collegiality that defines our firm.
We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable.
- We are empowered to turn challenges into opportunities while being held accountable to standards beyond the norm. Our proactive leadership empowers us to be client-focused, agile and responsive, while at the same time being accountable to our clients, our peers and our shareholders. The profitability of our firm is essential to our future and this is why we manage our business responsibly as if it were our own.