Principal Engineer/Senior Principal Engineer - Mechanical - Medical Devices/Printers/Aerospace (13-24 yrs)
- The person in this role will lead the development of creative solutions to challenging problems associated with the design of our new and existing infusion system product portfolio. The successful candidate will possess strong technical capabilities, an excitement and energy for product development, and a passion for their work and the impact it has on saving and sustaining the lives of patients.
- Defines design requirements and hardware specifications based on customer or user requirements.
- Contributes to development and documentation of mechanical system architectures.
- Lead the creation and development of designs of complex mechanical assemblies, mechanisms, and component parts for electro-mechanical medical devices meeting performance objectives.
- Perform in-depth mechanical analysis and calculations including tolerance analysis, load and fatigue life analysis, and thermal and heat transfer modeling to ensure consistent performance in safety critical applications.
- Ensures successful integration of mechanical design elements with electrical and consumable components.
- Completes deliverables related to integration of designs from sub-system design teams and external partners.
- Leads troubleshooting and problem solving efforts related to mechanical aspects of the design and interfaces with other design constituents.
- Improves mechanical and electro mechanical designs to optimize for production, reliability, regulatory compliance and cost.
- Resolves competing constraints between interrelated functions (engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, regulatory, marketing, etc.) required to deliver the product to market.
- Defines protocols and conduct the necessary testing required to validate the safety and effectiveness of the design(s).
- Creates and communicates design/test plans, tasks, deliverables and status. Manages time and resources to meet committed schedule milestones.
- A graduate or a post graduate in Mechanical Engineering and 13-24 years related experience.
- Prior experience in the infusion pump domain is a plus.
- Adept knowledge on Plastics Injection Molding, Sheetmetal & casting part designs as per mfg. guidelines. Strong knowledge on DFM, DFA is required
- Good knowledge on tooling & should have worked with tool developers.
- Good knowledge on good engineering drawing practices.
- Good knowledge & experience on FEA tools like Ansys, Abacus (Structural- Linear/Non-linear).
- Worked on Electromechanical devices.
- Good knowledge on Agile methodology (scrum) is added advantage.
- Individual should have gone through full product life cycle from concept to post market handling.
- Working knowledge on tooling is preferred / tool designer.
- A demonstrated track record in electromechanical hardware development, preferably medical devices or other highly regulated product domain such as aircraft/automotive/defense industries.
- A proven track record of effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience using CAD systems for mechanical design and analysis (Solidworks, preferred).
- Knowledge of standards such as IEC 60601, ANSI and ASTM preferred.
- Preferred domain expertise: Medical Devices/ Printers/ Aerospace