Principal Consultant at Leaders Hunt
Views:185 Applications:12 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Principal Engineer - Structures (12-14 yrs)
We invite you to bring your expertise into play as you will provide the technical leadership to the team of Design engineers and CAD technicians for the projects assigned. To succeed in this role you must have BE/B. Tech degree in Civil Engineering.
- You will join our Buildings department.
- Principal Engineer - Structures you will be responsible for supervising the team in respect of project delivery. He/she would be responsible for technical performance of team and would assist Associate Director/Director in planning the development of technical competence of the team.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be :
As a lead member of the Structures team you will be responsible for:
- Review the work of engineers and CAD technicians in the team and maintaining quality of deliverables,
- Reviewing the deliverable like drawings, technical reports and technical presentations.
- overseeing and troubleshooting the work of structural design
- coordination with Client/Architects for delivering projects to time and budget,
- Should take initiatives to develop design ability of the less experienced engineers and improve the quality of delivery of the team as whole,
- Assisti AD/D in planning the development of technical competence of the team
- Mentoring and supervising less experienced engineers.
- Your starting point for constant growth
- We will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is :
- BE/B. Tech degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute. ME/ M. Tech in Structures would be desirable,
- Should have more than 12 + years of experience in structural design. Knowledge of IS Codes is essential. Knowledge of international codes will be an advantage.
- In depth knowledge of understanding of the analysis and design principles of structural design.,
- Have hands on experience in using any of the structural analysis & design software (ETABS/ SAFE/RCDC/ etc).
- Should have knowledge of tools like AutoCAD and ensuring drawings are prepared in accordance with CAD standards, internationally recognized standard formats,
- Experience in leading a team of engineers for major hi-rise projects,
- Demonstrates technical leadership and the ability to drive execution of deliverables, and continuously improve based on lessons learnt to optimize productivity,
- Ability to check and inspect constructed works for compliance with design and specifications and propose remedial actions is desirable.
- In addition to strong technical / functional acumen (extensive knowledge of own expert area), he should have good communication skills and should be able to present their work.
- Displays empathy and basic managerial and leadership skills. Engages and empowers others and provide others with development opportunities and coaching.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include :
- Should be a good team member and should coordinate with other team members and Line Manager for timely delivery of projects.
- Professional English language skills must (written and verbal).