HR Manager at Rikin Consultancy Services
Views:154 Applications:3 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Process Design Engineer (10-12 yrs)
JD for Process Engineer
Position : Sr. Process Engineer
Scope & Purpose :
- Contribute to the Company's success by applying your expertise & experience in Process design & engineering related to RO and desalination water system.
Job description / duties :
As a Process Engineer, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of preliminary Process design for
- Pretreatment (includes Lamella, DAF, Media filters, Ultra-filtration, etc.),
- Reverse Osmosis (includes Brackish water, Sea water and Wastewater),
- Chemical dosing system,
- Sludge treatment (includes Centrifuge, Filter press, Thickener, etc.) and
- Post treatment (includes lime reactor, silo, etc.),
The above design comprising the selection of process and process calculations, membrane selection, filters selection etc. Hydraulic calculation, pressure drop calculation, line sizing etc.
- Preparation of layout, PFD, P&ID, HFD, electrical load list and power consumption at different at different conditions with respect to tender guaranteed parameters.
- Prepare enquiry documents (RFQ), scopes of work, datasheets, etc for valves, pumps and other engineering items with proper selections required for RO desalination projects and bids.
- Preparation of Control philosophy, O&M manual, commissioning book etc. for the execution of the project.
- To interact closely with PLC engineer to help in logic development for FAT and SAT.
- Taking part in the Commissioning activities of the project.
- Will be part of a team working on an innovative project, reporting to the department manager/ team leader.
- Participation in technical meetings, decision making, preparing MOM and coordination with the clients and overseas offices.
- To prepare technical evaluation and comparison of documents furnished by different manufacturers and get the technical clarity from the vendor independently.
Essential Qualifications and Experience :
- B.Tech. in Chemical/Mechanical / Environmental Engineering (only recognized degree from universities in India).
- 10-12 years- working experience in a similar role within the industry of which at least 7 years should be in RO Desalination or water treatment field.
- Have a clear understanding of the project or bid requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule.
- Possess strong communication and soft skills and be able to function independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a multidiscipline team.
- Client coordination and shall be able to perform under challenging conditions.
- Current knowledge of industry, best practices or regulatory standards, regulations and codes pertinent to Desalination or water treatment Industry.
- Experience as a process design engineer of small/medium desalination or water treatment plants with proficiency in P&IDs /PFD preparation, process calculation, RO projections, membrane selection, calculations related to water such as ph, hardness, alkalinity etc and chemical dosages - mandatory.
Other Requirements and information :
- Post-graduate (M.tech in any field) will be preferred.
- Willingness for a long training process (8-12 weeks) that will be conducted abroad.
- This position will require very close co-ordination with process department of Israel. Therefore, the candidate should have willingness to travel to Israel for the design work to the extent of 2 months at a stretch.
- Willingness to travel for commissioning of desalination plants in India and abroad (duration of 6-8 week at a stretch). These can be multiple visits.
- The candidate will report to the Team Leader Process, Technical head in India & respective managers in Israel.
- Working Experience in ERP atmosphere will be considered an added advantage
- Should have Valid Passport with spouse's name endorsed on it (applicable for married person).
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.