Director at Intellectual Capital HR Consulting
Views:1138 Applications:167 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Process Engineer - Water Treatment (5-10 yrs)
As a Process Engineer (Desalination), responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Preparation of preliminary Process design for RO and Desalination projects which includes process design of desalination plants comprising the selection of process and process calculations, membrane selection, filters selection etc. Hydraulic calculation, pressure drop calculation, line sizing etc.
- Have a clear understanding of the project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule.
- Preparation of layout, PFD, P&ID, HFD, electrical load list and power consumption at different at different conditions with respect to tender guaranteed parameters.
- Prepare enquiry documents (RFQ), scopes of work, datasheets, etc for valves, pumps and other engineering items with proper selections required for RO desalination projects.
- Preparation of Control philosophy, O&M manual, commission book etc, for the execution of the project.
- To interact closely with PLC engineer to help in logic development and FAT and also for SAT.
- Taking part in the Commissioning activities of the project.
- Will be part of a team accompanying an innovative project, reporting to the department manager/ team leader.
- B.Tech. in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering (only recognized degree from universities in India).
- 5-8 years- working experience in a similar role within the industry of which at least 5 years should be in the RO and Desalination water treatment field.
- Possess strong communication and soft skills and be able to function independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a multidiscipline team.
- Current knowledge of industry, best practices or regulatory standards, regulations and codes pertinent to Desalination.
- Experience as a process design engineer of small/medium desalination plants with proficiency in P&IDs /PFD preparation, process calculation, RO projections, membrane selection, calculations related to water such as ph, hardness, alkalinity etc and chemical dosages - mandatory.
- Willingness for a long training process (8-12 weeks) that will be conducted abroad. (Valid Passport required)
- Willingness to travel for commissioning in India and abroad (duration of 6-8 week at a stretch)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.