Principal Account Lead at Randstad India
Views:561 Applications:143 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Process Safety Role - EHS - Pharma Biotech Clinical Research (6-12 yrs)
Client details :
A leading Pharma Biotech Clinical research company, headquartered in Bangalore.
Job Purpose :
- To implement and enforce safe work practices throughout the company.
- Manage complete Process, environmental, health safety for large campus.
Desired profile :
- Min 3 yrs experience in process safety in pharma/ chemical/ process industry
- Full time diploma in industrial safety
- Complete Knowledge of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 implementation and documentation
- Should have handled large campus safety for different divisions
1. To coordinate/conduct in-house training programs to educate employees on job-specific safety aspects- lab safety, chemical safety, PPE selection, emergency preparedness and response plan, emergency assembly area, emergency coordinators for their building, emergency safety equipment.
2. To participate in incident investigation process to determine the underlying causes and recommend appropriate preventive and corrective actions.
3. To monitor all the emergency response equipment (emergency safety cupboard, emergency eye washer/ shower, first aid box) on a regular basis and ensure its proper maintenance. (As per the SOP).
4. To inform users of chemical-related health and safety requirements and assist with the selection of appropriate safety controls, including engineering, administrative (practices and procedures), training, and personal protective equipment.
5. To perform half yearly safety inspections within the facilities, maintain records of inspection findings and ensure all corrective actions are completed.
6. To coordinate internal/external audits and administering the implementation of the corrective measures for the audit observations.
7. To inspect the facilities daily for identifying any risks with respect to environment, health, safety and thereby abate likely hazards.
8. To identify the potentially hazardous conditions or operations in the lab, perform literature searches relevant to environment, health and safety and enforce the use of safe operating procedures, material safety data sheet guidance and controls applicable to the work performed.
9. To periodically review and evaluate the effectiveness of the existing environmental management systems and identifying the scope of advanced technologies for enhancing its performance.
10. To ensure quarterly servicing of fire extinguishers and fire hydrant systems.
11. To monitor pest control management.
12. To implement and maintain the work permit system.
13. To raise violations if the work poses an imminent danger to health or safety.
14. To notify facilities personnel, other non-laboratory personnel, and contractors of potential facility-related hazards and how to mitigate these hazards when they are required to work in the laboratory environment.
15. To perform hazard and risk assessments prior to any activity.
16. Follow environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace ensuring individual and lab/plant safety
17. Attend training on environment, health, and safety (EHS) measures imparted company
Educational Qualification :
- MSc /BSc (Chemistry) BTech / MTech (Chemical) with Full time Diploma in Industrial Safety or NEBOSH.
- Implementation and documentation of ISO 14001 & ISO 45001
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.