Sole Proprietorship at Independent Human Resources Professional
Views:140 Applications:6 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Procurement Head - CAPEX & OPEX (12-20 yrs)
Procurement Head (CAPEX & OPEX) - Chemical Industry
- To ensure effective execution of all procurement activities for CAPEX and OPEX to drive operational performance excellence across the Organization.
- To develop & implement project procurement strategies & activities to mitigate risk, in alignment with the organizations' objectives i.e. estimating, budgeting, scheduling, savings, quality, etc.
- Establish key interfaces & builds relationships with internal/external stakeholders & key team members in support of alignment of CAPEX & OPEX Project goals.
Key Responsibilities :
- Develop and implement key procurement strategies and ensure that strategies are aligned with organizational objectives.
- Develop, manage, and handle all the appropriate sourcing for medium and large CAPEX & OPEX plans across the Organization.
- Coordinate on-going supplier management practices with internal customers to optimize financial and operational performance. Ensure high leverage in Supplier selection, approval, negotiations, and performance management.
- Contribute to the cost saving targets and working capital improvement goals through effective supply management including source selection, pricing negotiations, contract implementation and compliance measurement.
- Evolve sourcing and procurement processes based on category specific business or internal stakeholder requirements.
- Provide leadership, development, and expertise to the role for each CAPEX Project along with the professional manner of dealing with internal customers and suppliers, vendors contractors.
- Contract life cycle management - Engage with stakeholders to identify the most suitable supply solution for a given demand. Negotiate pricing, terms commercial conditions of contracts and manage through the contract lifecycle.
- Responsible for procurement of materials through direct RFQs, considering payment security checks LC, ABG (Advance Bank Guarantee) & PBG (Performance Bank Guarantee).
- Ensure value add to internal customers with focus on achieving quick turnaround times and maintaining high quality standards.
- Actively participate in Digital Transformation journey for SCM (e.g. E-Procurement, SAP improvement etc.).
- Benchmarking the category performance across the industry and internally among other categories and remain current with market trends through relationships with suppliers and market experts.
- Manage strategic projects such as alternate vendor development for e-procurement, participate in regular cross-functional category team meetings as the strategic sourcing lead to make sourcing recommendations and highlights supply risks.
Qualification And Experience :
1. Should 12-20 years of experience within a manufacturing environment including various purchasing and/or buying functions CAPEX & OPEX purchasing is required.
2. Proven experience in sourcing suppliers and developing CAPEX category strategies.
3. Superior negotiation skills and ability to influence key stakeholders.
4. Good understanding of purchasing principles and practices.
5. Proven negotiation.
6. Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal is essential.
7. Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports.
8. Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate across functions & regions.
9. Must have knowledge of purchasing equipment & bulk materials.
10. Problem-solving attitude and conflict-resolution skills.
11. Must understand the work process for CAPEX Project estimating and planning.
12. Must be able to travel as per the requirement.