HR at HAACHI Business Solutions
Views:659 Applications:218 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Procurement Head - Ports/Marine (10-15 yrs)
Your Roles and Responsibilities include:
1. The principle function of any Procurement Head is to source and purchase goods and services inline with any budget requirements.
2. You will be responsible for a team of people who will work on your behalf and under your instruction.
3. You will be required to report frequently to Finance and prepare suitable reports and presentations on the performance of your department inline with the company's requirements.
4. You will liaise with other departments regarding their requirements and work within their available budgets to source materials/services appropriate to their needs.
5. You will be expected to seek out new suppliers in order to ensure the best possible goods and services are being obtained at the best possible price. You will also maintain relationships with existing suppliers and negotiate annual pricing strategies.
6. Procurement Heads are expected to undertake international travel as part of their role to source goods and services.
7. You will be expected to research new markets and present data to support your findings and recommendations.
Key skills and qualifications of a Port Procurement Manager:
1. Ideally you should be an MBA. Having a specialization in Logistics, Operations, Supply Chain Management or Purchasing is preferred
2. Port/Engineering/Manufacturing work experience is preferred.
3. Strong market awareness and an understanding of business operations.
4. Negotiation skills and team management skills are required.
5. Strong quantitative skills and problem solving ability is required.
6. The candidate should be able to work under pressure and should be able to perform under strict deadlines for the procurement of goods and services.
6. You must be a highly organised individual with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to network and form relationships on behalf of the company whilst undertaking your role as Port Procurement Head.
7. You must be able to operate Microsoft Office.