founder at Impresario Promotions
Views:304 Applications:85 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Procurement Manager (3-7 yrs)
We're looking for an ambitious and self-driven person to join the creative and passionate team at Impresario.
As a Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for identifying necessary products and services to support daily operations. You will play a crucial role in a company's operations as well as productivity.
- Impresario is a power driven group of youngsters with the oldest person being not too old. We add a creative bend to everything we do, we innovate new ways of working yet like to keep things process driven. The business is constantly growing and we closely work for the blue chip brands under Nestle, Unilever, L- Or- al and the likes.
Responsibilities and Duties :
- Convert marketing team ideas into products via prototyping, 3D designing and material selection.
- Keeping a strict check on product costs right from development stage up to final production.
- Material selection to attain optimum costs and end usability of the product. Visiting existing and potential vendors to discuss, plan QC, production planning, raw material coordination.
- Lab tests coordination, reporting and overall processing with relevant laboratories. Maintain schedule and Visit Business fairs online & offline for product & industry updates.
- On boarding vendors and maintaining structured records.
- Negotiate with vendors to obtain advantageous terms.
- Finalize purchase details orders and deliveries.
- Manage company's overall Sourcing and Production strategy and develop strong partnerships.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by conducting market research; attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Manage the production team nurturing a healthy, inclusive, dynamic, introspective, and ambitious team.
As a procurement manager, you will have an extremely important role as you must ensure the company's manufacturing and dispatch runs as efficiently as possible.
Desired Skills and Experience :
- Deep knowledge of materials and willingness to learn more.
- Building strong relationships with vendors/ manufacturers to get best support from them at each step.
- New Product development interest.
- Talent in negotiations and networking.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Bachelor's degree in design engineering, engineering, product design or relevant field
- Preference of 3 years- experience in a similar role.
- Flexible to travel to suppliers and manage time effectively.
- A collaborative and problem-solving mindset.
- Interest in automation systems and developing new workflows are an added advantage.
- Additionally what will help is having an excellent awareness of what the market and consumers need, you must have extensive knowledge of design, mathematics, science and production systems. You will also be expected to understand the many technological changes that take place as well as keeping up to date with improvements in procurement and manufacturing processes.