Product Design & Development Engineer - Cold Forging Dies (3-7 yrs)
Industry : Fasteners Manufacturing
- Product Responsibility from the first design phase till the end of production,
- Self dependent design and development of special fasteners and Cold forging Dies and fixtures.
- Design layout with respect to function, tolerance, and stability and material selection to fulfill the requirements of the customer product specification.
- Interacting with Clients regarding Project Clarifications through email & Telephone.
- Study drawings & standards received from customer.
- Team work with suppliers and inter departments for work preparation, quality & testing during the design phase as well as in production.
- Prepare, update & maintain ECN document for product & process changes.
- Lead forging trial at forging shop at initial part development stage.
- Organizing the MTD team and establish the design requirements.
- Coordinating with MTD team and full fill the customer requirements.
- To study the team feasibility (risk assessment) to develop the component with the MTD team.
- To forecast the Process Failure Mode & Effect Analysis with the MTD team.
- Preparation of Product, Process, forging sequence drawing & Tool design drawings with appropriate Geometrical dimensioning & tolerance as per Company Standards.
- Modification in the Tools using Simulation Software for tool analysis and to improve Productivity.
- Executing the Trial Run, Trouble Shooting for new product components
- Collecting Trial Run Feed Back & Accordingly Upgrading the current Process if required.
- Knowledge of Control Plan, PFD, APQP time Line, MSA, SPC Study, PPAP Documents as per Customer Requirements
- Handling of gauges & instruments Like Thread plug gauges, Ring gauges, Vernier caliper, Micrometer, Height Gauge, Pitch micrometer & Profile Projector etc.
- Having excellent work experience of Auto CAD, Autodesk Inventor & CPM Software for Simulation