CEO at KS World Ventures
Views:290 Applications:57 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Production Planning & Production Controller - Electric Bus Manufacturing (10-15 yrs)
The Production Planner is responsible for preparing; prioritizing, modifying & managing daily/weekly/monthly production schedules and ensures that the production targets are achieved.
The key responsibilities are as follows :
- Plan & prepare production schedule based on the Production Release Note (PRN), Customer Delivery Dates (CDD) and available/expected resources
- Analyses product specifications and plant capacity data and determines the materials, manufacturing process, equipment, and manpower requirement to perform the job. Also incorporates lead times for each activity to meet the shipping schedule
- Review materials availability with stores periodically and coordinates with the procurement department to ensure availability of required materials as per the production schedule
- Coordinates with subcontractor s for timely receipt of materials as per specification
- Addresses and resolves production issues, if any, to minimize delays in production.
- Expedites operational delays and reschedules plan to meet unforeseen circumstances
- Provides the manpower requirement to the Human Resources department and ensures the availability of required manpower for production
- Updates all relevant departments of changes to the current production schedule, if any to prioritize their activity based on the current schedule
- Works closely with the engineering department to understand the orders in the pipeline and plan production schedule proactively
- Apprises QC department of nearing completion status to schedule the final inspection or Third Party Inspection (TPI)
- Ensures that the available resources are utilized to their maximum capacity through effective planning & control. Highlight underutilized resources to the plant management
- Recommends and implements efficient production techniques, cost reduction initiatives, as well as improve the production process, product quality, and productivity
- Plan and maintain minimum stock quantity for fast-moving SKU s in coordination with stores department
- Interact with shop floor supervisors daily to understand & resolve issues, if any, regarding manufacturing efficiencies.
- Coordinates with packing & logistics for timely dispatch of products to the customer.