Senior Manager at
Views:1139 Applications:126 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:43
Project Director - Coal Based Power Plant (23-30 yrs)
We are at present having a senior position as Project Director for Coal Based Power Plants - General Manager for a leading EPC company based in Central India location.
Position : Project Director for Coal Based Power Plants
- BE in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Min. of 25 years of technical and commercial experience in Coal based power projects involving project execution. Knowledge of Primavera, MS Projects and SAP is essential.
- Strong commercial and risk management focus, coupled with decision making and negotiation skills.
- Leadership, delegation, communication, interfacing and presentation skills.
- Experience in handling multi-functional management role is desirable.
- He should have handled at least 1 large size project of similar capacity
The incumbent should have experience of leading a large coal based power project/s (More than 500MW capacity) and has a good know how of work estimation, planning & scheduling, project execution, contract management & commissioning, site management and quality aspects of such large size coal based power projects.
- He will have to ensure completion of the project within budgeted cost estimate & project schedule.
- He will be leading a team of 40 to 50 engineers and will be responsible for executing a turn-key Coal based power project of capacity 650 MW +.
- He must have in depth experience in Construction, Installation & erection works at project sites in a reputed / large organization, executing large / mega infrastructure projects in Power sector.
- He should have worked with Super Critical Technology in EPC Power Projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES :
- Approving the WBS prepared for monitoring of the project in terms of schedule and cost.
- Approving the Project Master Schedule prepared as per the Contract guidelines as per PERT/CPM technique. Providing guidance in developing the progress calculation sheet.
- Analyzing the major scope of work (as per the Contract) and discussing with disciplines for criticalities.
- Approving the Purchase Request (PR) released on receipt of Technical Engineering specification from Engineering.
- Discussing with vendors and nominating expeditors for manufacturing updates.
- Consulting with Insurance department for deciding / finalizing the Insurance policy for the project.
- Nominating the team for Invoice release to Customer and collection of the payment.
- Also to approve the BBU based on which the team shall be guided for raising the Invoice.
- Implementing a periodic MIS reporting and Claim Management Procedures.
- Making correspondences with Client to build Customer relationship and sort out any disputes (technical or commercial).
- Responsible for Project Cost control and analysis
- Control on site activities for erection progress and resolving site discrepancy reports with engineering. Coordinating with Procurement department for shortage damage report from site.
- Identifying the training needs for own department and arrange for the same, through Personnel Department, as and when required.
- He will be responsible for Profit and loss of the project.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.