Director at Peer To Peer HR Services
Views:149 Applications:32 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Project Engineer - Mining (6-7 yrs)
Job Description :
1. Plans, coordinates, and manages the mining and reclamation activities for City-owned mining and reclamation projects; investigates and resolves public complaints and environmental problems by working with mining operators, consultants, and contractors.
2. Prepares engineering plans, specifications, construction estimates, and engineering reports related to the project requirements of assigned special mining projects.
3. Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding changes made to the approved Reclamation Plans for special mining projects to ensure compliance with state standards and local requirements such as slope, drainage, and backfill standards, slope remediation, and revegetation.
4. Manages the day-to-day activities of the mine operators to ensure compliance with the Project Development Agreement and License Agreement.
5. Prepares and submits quarterly mining activities reports to the Public Works Director/City Engineer, including daily reports on tonnage of cubic yards produced and safety reports.
6. Coordinates independent mining and reclamation inspections with consultants, including geotechnical analyses and conducts site inspections.
7. Participates in the development and administration of assigned program budget; forecasts funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitors and approves expenditures; recommends adjustments as necessary.
8. Administers contracts related to the mining operation of special mining projects.
9. Plans, coordinates, and supervises the work of assigned staff; provides or coordinates staff training; works with employees to correct deficiencies; resolves questions and complaints.
10. Conducts site surveys and performs research and analyses on mining and reclamation issues; collects survey data to evaluate and prepare Plans, Specifications, and Estimates (PS&E) for various project improvements.
11. Monitors existing laws and regulations and proposed legislation and regulations to determine impacts upon mining and reclamation programs.
12. Provides assistance to developers, contractors, engineering professionals, the general public, and City staff regarding mining projects.
13. Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of engineering.
14. Performs related duties as required.