Team - CorenthumElan at Corenthum Elan Consulting LLP
Views:1145 Applications:88 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Project Head - Iron Ore Mining (15-17 yrs)
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS :
- Degree (ONLY) in Mining Engineering with First Class Mines Manager's Certificate of competency (Restricted) issued by DGMS as per MMR 1961; (DIPLOMA HOLDERS : PLEASE DO NOT APPLY)
- Leadership with ability to supervise and motivate a team;
- High degree of integrity and honesty in all dealings;
- Proven ability in storage, maintenance and use of plant and equipment on a loss-preventative basis;
- Drive to achieve the targets.
- Make efforts to build rapport with the Lessee, Government Officials and other Stakeholders for harmonious relations .
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE :
- Minimum work experience of 15 years of which at least 05 years as Operations Head in an Opencast Metalliferous Mines or similar industry.
- Knowledge on Iron Ore Marketing, Mine Management, General Safety and Legislation
- Knowledge on Winning and Working and Mining Machinery
- Knowledge on overall Project Management .
GENERAL BRIEF :
A leadership role that heads the mine management team for running mining operations, and is responsible for safety, quality, costs and achieving targets.The incumbent will prepare, implement, monitor operational plans for the mine and review the progress reports.
JOB DESCRIPTION (Indicative only) :
- Reviews the Preparation and implementation of the Mines Safety Plan in consultation with the DGMS, Mines Team and the Business Partners Team members and regularly updates with any new Hazards (if any) along with a deliberation for the mitigation plan.
- Prepare the Dispatch Plan based on the Production Plan along with the Annual Cost and Revenue Budget for approval and seek approval from the Director Operations.
- Interact with the Iron Ore Buyers and prepare and enable the Dispatch Plan.
- Liaison with the Mine Lessee, Railway Authorities, Iron Ore Transporters, Transport Associations for a smooth dispatch of iron Ore.
- Review the Production, Dispatch, Resource Availability and Cost incurred on monthly basis for final submission of the monthly report to the Director Operations.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities :
- Responsible for regular review of the mine plan periodically with the updated surface plan, showing the workings of the faces assigned to them and carrying out joint inspection of the mines and suggesting the rectification steps with a responsibility matrix and time lines.
- Responsible for weekly personal supervision of the mining activities and record the result of each of his inspections and the action taken by him to rectify the defects mentioned; meeting all functional heads and other officials once in every week on matters connected with their duties.
- Support the Mines Manager for ensuring sufficient supply of proper materials and appliances for carrying out the provisions of the Mines Act and Mines Regulations and for ensuring the safety of the mine and the persons employed; orienting every competent person on the regulations, rules and bye-laws and taking all possible steps to ensure that every such person understands, carries out and enforces the provisions therein contained in a proper manner.
- Review the inquiry report to cause and circumstances when any accident, resulting in serious bodily injury to any person.
- Support the periodic Meetings conducted by the Mines Manager to enhance Safety culture and resource productivity to motivate the workforce.
- Shall review the reports, registers and other records required by the Mines Act and regulations made there under, MMDR, MCDR, Explosives Rules, Environment Registers, Labor registers and suggest the discrepancies if any and shall ensure for their immediate rectification.
- Support the Mines Manager to Provide any data pertaining to the mines on demand by the Government agencies like DGMS, IBM, PESO, SPCB, MoEF, Labor department, etc.
- Review the Submission of periodic returns before final submission of the documents to the Statutory Bodies.
WORKING CONDITIONS :
ACCOMMODATION : Has to Stay in the Company provided accommodation or any other with in the vicinity of the mines.
CONVEYANCE : Eligible for the Conveyance vehicle in the mines.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.