Project Lead - NPI Medical Devices (8-12 yrs)
Purpose of the role :
Project Leader is responsible for driving the NPI (New Product Introduction) planning and delivery working along with cross functional team including R&D, Manufacturing, Q&R, Supply chain, Product marketing, Service etc. This role can manage multiple programs depending on its size (NPI- s) to run as per schedule plan and achieves on time, on cost project deliveries. The role will be part of R&D which is responsible for product development including HW, SW/FW and Clinical Applications.
Key areas of accountability and Key Performance Indicators:
1. Project Manager for NPI like C-Arm:
Define scope of the NPI in line with business need. Works towards CP0 (Business Commitment) and get buy in Work with cross functional teams to obtain estimation and dependencies, and come up with a comprehensive program plan as per resource and material allocation. Monitor progress to the plan with proper execution control. Regular risk management to retire known risks and managing issues that crop up. Milestone reviews and reporting to leadership and timely escalations to ensure risks are discussed and addressed before they become issues.
2. Financial transparency and discipline for the program : Maintain and communicate all financial transactions, Material budgeting, Scrap management, Resource allocations and deployments
3. Communication leader for the program : Communicate appropriately to all teams about program execution progress, risk, milestones etc.
4. Advocate of Compliance : Ensure 100% compliance to QMS processes.
Skills & Experience :
Educational Qualification : Bachelors or Master's Degree in a technical field (Mechanical, Software Engineering, Electrical)
Work Experience : 8-12+ years of experience in product development or programs, preferably in a Medical device domain. Experience running programs which introduces new product to the market will be essential.
Key Skills / Competencies :
- Experience with design control along the full cycle, multi-functional team leadership experience and proven ability to establish a multi-functional plan
- Ability to deal with uncertain information, have strong facilitation, negotiation and reporting skills
- Good leadership skills, communication skills, planning skills and a team player
- Demonstrated execution at meeting project goals while satisfying quality, performance, schedule, and budget
- Demonstrated experience on product releases throughout the entire NPI cycle
- Using influential skills for managing cross functional teams o Interface with customer during milestone delivery
- Experience with FDA/ISO regulated medical device development will be plus