talent acquisition at Selectigence HR Solutions
Views:207 Applications:47 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Project Manager - Construction (8-13 yrs)
1. Customer management :
- Manage customer relationship to ensure commitment and involvement and encourage effective collaboration by the customer.
- If there is a change in delivery schedule and costs, proactively manage such change in consultation with the customer.
- Build personal rapport with the customer and move from being a vendor to a - consultant- (technical issues, up- gradation of projects, processes, etc.)
2. Project monitoring & control :
- Hold regular status review meetings. Continuously monitor the progress against project schedule.
- Control scope changes that affect the project schedule and cost over-runs. If changes are made by the customer at the site, ensure that these are logged and recorded through proper amendments to the purchase order/contract.
3. Communication management :
- Establish communication protocols, detailing out who will receive what information; frequency and the format in which the information will be submitted.
- Submit status reports to all stakeholders on time in a concise, easy to understand format.
4. Project procurement :
FC Make sure that there is a good hold on supply from manufacturing.
- Ensure vendors & sub-contractors supply their scope in line with time lines by holding regular reviews with them.
- Ensure logistics movement in time to support customer expectations also ensuring safety of recoveries to Organization following contractual obligations.
- Ensure that the customer's specs are adhered to as per quality standards.
- Based on the progressive billing and payment by the customer, propose payments to vendors and contractors, based on deliverables, milestones completion.
5. Project closure & handing over :
- Conclude the project when supply is complete and ready for handing over; prepare documentation and hand over the project to the customer; ensure that moneys are collected and that there are no legitimate dues pending.
- Close the contract with vendors and contractors.
- Undertake a post project audit, and document lessons learned to support a continuous learning culture.
6. Team leadership :
- Lead and positively influence the teams to achieve the set targets.
- Demonstrate company values.
7. Other Responsibilities :
- To execute other task/work relevant to the organisation's goals
Competencies Required :
Role Hard Competency :
Project Manager Overview of industry :
- Steel Fabrication knowledge
- Commercial knowledge of BG/LC/contract terms
- Knowledge of welding & painting technology
- Variation analysis of steel price
- Budget & Cost Control - Risk & Opportunity Management
- Knowledge of Design and Detailing
- Planning Skills w.r.t Sequencing of work, Breakdown Structure
- Site management - Legal and other requirements
- Procurement and Sub Contracting
- Production and Planning control
- Claims management & Documentation
- Knowledge of PM Tools PV - MSP
- Project Manager Soft Competency
- Decision making
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem Solving
- Sense of ownership
- Negotiations skills
- Contract Management
- Customer Management
- Relationship Management
- Technical codes, Working Knowledge of SAP/ERP
- Knowledge on Quality & Safety
- Basic Knowledge Logistics, Packing