Manager at INHAPP Consultancy
Views:513 Applications:93 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Project Manager - Construction/Engineering (8-12 yrs)
Designation : Project Manager
Department : Engineering
Reporting to : GM - Projects
Key Responsibilities :
- Monitoring execution of every process of construction and ensure all records are maintained as per SOP,
- Coordination site supervisor & contractor supervisor to ensure required labor force is available on the site,
- Resolve any labor issue arising on site,
- Ensure quality of material used for each and every process is as per specified IS norms,
- Ensure whether specified safety norms as per SOP are followed on construction site.
Key Accountabilities :
1. Successful execution and delivery of allotted project within in given time schedule
- Monitoring and controlling stages of construction as per SOP sections i.e. a. Excavation, b. Concrete work, c. Masonry work, d. Plaster work, e. Finishing work etc.
- Monitor work done by contractor at all stages of construction and ensure they adhere to given work schedule.
- To coordinate and follow up various agencies like consultants/ contractors/ architect.
- Ensure supply of material for construction as per work schedule. Raising indents of material required to store.
2. Provide all relevant data/updates about the project required for planning and contract
- Give timely inputs to Contract team about change in the scope of the contract.
- Give inputs to planning dept. after comparing the actual resources mobilized/receivables with the planned one on weekly basis
- Review daily/weekly progress report (DPR & WPR) for allotted set of buildings and intimate Planning team in case of any discrepancy.
Process : Conduct monthly project progress review meeting
3. Material wastage :
- Prepare optimum organizational structure i.e. functional and reporting matrix at site level along with the deployment and release dates of the staff at site.
- Monitor and review consumption report against budgeted consumption. Any deviation from the budget should be investigated further.
4. Monitor contractors performance :
- Review monthly work performance and quarterly work order performance.
- Organize counseling sessions for poor performing contractors.
- To prepare abstract (Bill of measurement) of actual work executed on site and verify it is as per quality parameters mentioned in work/contract order.
5. Quality of all product is as per defined norms :
- Ensure all non-conformances reports raised at any stage of construction are closed out after satisfactory verification checks.
- All relevant quality check records at each stage of construction work are created and maintained for future reference.
- Conduct training for staff on quality improvement, frequent errors, new / better techniques of execution, etc.
6. Adherence to Internal Processes :
- Adherence to construction execution, contract and planning process as defined in relevant SOP.
- Accurate and timely updating of ERP at all stages of execution, planning, contracting process as per SOP.
7. Adhere on site safety and security measures :
- Ensure PPE (Personal protective equipments) are being appropriately used by all workers on site such as helmets, safety belts, safety shoes
- Ensure working platforms are sturdy enough, safety railings are fitted, all openings / ducts are closed appropriately, and electrical connections for equipments to be done as per requirement
- Ensure first medical facilities and first aid trained volunteers are available on site.
8. Team Management :
- Monitor, guide, coach team to enable them to meet their KRAs.
- Motivate team as a whole and on individual basis while ensuring fairness in treatment to every team member.
- Ensure attendance tracking and leave planning / approvals of team members such that there is minimal impact on team deliverables
- Performance appraisals / coaching, regular briefings, disciplinary actions as required
9. Facilities for Laborers at site :
- Ensure establishment of facilities for laborer's children such as mobile cr- che, medical, hygiene, health and education within 21 days after completion of plinth.