Manager at INHAPP Consultancy
Views:1172 Applications:213 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Project Manager - Construction/Engineering (8-12 yrs)
Designation : Project Manager
Department : Engineering
Reporting to : GM - Projects
Key Responsibilities :
- Monitoring execution of every process of construction and ensure all records are maintained as per SOP,
- Coordination site supervisor & contractor supervisor to ensure required labor force is available on the site,
- Resolve any labor issue arising on site,
- Ensure quality of material used for each and every process is as per specified IS norms,
- Ensure whether specified safety norms as per SOP are followed on construction site.
Key Accountabilities :
1. Successful execution and delivery of allotted project within in given time schedule
- Monitoring and controlling stages of construction as per SOP sections i.e. a. Excavation, b. Concrete work, c. Masonry work, d. Plaster work, e. Finishing work etc.
- Monitor work done by contractor at all stages of construction and ensure they adhere to given work schedule.
- To coordinate and follow up various agencies like consultants/ contractors/ architect.
- Ensure supply of material for construction as per work schedule. Raising indents of material required to store.
2. Provide all relevant data/updates about the project required for planning and contract
- Give timely inputs to Contract team about change in the scope of the contract.
- Give inputs to planning dept. after comparing the actual resources mobilized/receivables with the planned one on weekly basis
- Review daily/weekly progress report (DPR & WPR) for allotted set of buildings and intimate Planning team in case of any discrepancy.
Process : Conduct monthly project progress review meeting
3. Material wastage :
- Prepare optimum organizational structure i.e. functional and reporting matrix at site level along with the deployment and release dates of the staff at site.
- Monitor and review consumption report against budgeted consumption. Any deviation from the budget should be investigated further.
4. Monitor contractors performance :
- Review monthly work performance and quarterly work order performance.
- Organize counseling sessions for poor performing contractors.
- To prepare abstract (Bill of measurement) of actual work executed on site and verify it is as per quality parameters mentioned in work/contract order.
5. Quality of all product is as per defined norms :
- Ensure all non-conformances reports raised at any stage of construction are closed out after satisfactory verification checks.
- All relevant quality check records at each stage of construction work are created and maintained for future reference.
- Conduct training for staff on quality improvement, frequent errors, new / better techniques of execution, etc.
6. Adherence to Internal Processes :
- Adherence to construction execution, contract and planning process as defined in relevant SOP.
- Accurate and timely updating of ERP at all stages of execution, planning, contracting process as per SOP.
7. Adhere on site safety and security measures :
- Ensure PPE (Personal protective equipments) are being appropriately used by all workers on site such as helmets, safety belts, safety shoes
- Ensure working platforms are sturdy enough, safety railings are fitted, all openings / ducts are closed appropriately, and electrical connections for equipments to be done as per requirement
- Ensure first medical facilities and first aid trained volunteers are available on site.
8. Team Management :
- Monitor, guide, coach team to enable them to meet their KRAs.
- Motivate team as a whole and on individual basis while ensuring fairness in treatment to every team member.
- Ensure attendance tracking and leave planning / approvals of team members such that there is minimal impact on team deliverables
- Performance appraisals / coaching, regular briefings, disciplinary actions as required
9. Facilities for Laborers at site :
- Ensure establishment of facilities for laborer's children such as mobile cr- che, medical, hygiene, health and education within 21 days after completion of plinth.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.