Director at SS Consultancy Services
Views:361 Applications:67 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Project Manager - Ground Engineering (5-15 yrs)
You should :
- Hold MSc/ MTech degree or higher degree in Geology or Civil Engineering or an MBA with knowledge of civil engineering industry.
- Have 05-15 years of previous related experience
- Have performed multiple ground engineering and geotechnical assessments as Team Manager in on-shore and off-shore jobs
- Have ability to lead and work effectively as part of a team, with strong attention to detail
- Have ability to understand risk assessments in off-shore investigations
- Have good verbal and written communication skills along with good planning skills
- Be able and willing to travel as required and,
- Be familiar with and have the ability to apply sound engineering and safety principles.
Job Description and Responsibilities :
- Model and promote the company's core values and culture;
- Contribute to the development, improvement, and implementation of corporate policies and systems including competency development strategies;
- Have ownership and management of Ground Engineering staff specifically Geotechnical Investigations group including recruitment and termination;
- Have ownership and management of equipment inventory including documentation and distribution of equipment required for Geotechnical Investigations and Ground Engineering to site through site personnel;
- Work collaboratively with Company Directors and various stakeholders within and outside the Company to maintain appropriate levels of safety compliance, work progress and profit margins through effective team management;
- Interact with site teams on daily basis and conduct (random) periodic site visits to ensure safety, staff development, and quality are maintained at a high level;
- Manage and conduct site investigations as the Project Manager
- Plan and execute on ground and in marine environment engineering assessments in various geographies around India and possibly the world;
- Serve as a Project Manager on a variety of projects;
- Manage and generate new opportunities from an existing portfolio of clients;
- Ensure that the Project Engineer fulfils the scope of work, and that the contracted deliverables go out on schedule and as budgeted;
- Oversee scheduling, quality, and invoicing;
- Ensure assigned staff are effectively engaged on projects and assist with maintaining billability targets set forth
Job Requirements :
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE ENGINEERING THE FUTURE GROUND
- Your skills are the key to our success. Working across sites and marine, tunnel, and bridge disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers.
- To succeed in this position, you should be a team player with strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.