Consultant at Michael Page
Views:558 Applications:133 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Project Manager - Industrial Warehousing (10-15 yrs)
- Develop and encourage an Incident and Injury Free climate on site and in the supply chain and ensure that all health and safety obligations, process and procedures are allocated to and delivered by the construction operations team
- Review and adjudicate method statements and risk assessments
- Ensure all contractors are implementing method statements and operating safely.
- Supervise, direct and monitor day to day operations on site, ensuring that all contractors are coordinated and working effectively to the construction programme and detail and delivering the required quality
- Monitor the progress of construction works and amend the methodology in light of unforeseen circumstances to ensure that overall completion dates are safely met
- Develop a clear plan of action to ensure contractors- adherence to the Environmental Management Plan and monitor performance
- Actively participate in all team meetings ensuring communication of changes affecting Safety, methodology or logistics
- Constantly review the build quality achieved with the team ensuring that the contract's requirements in this regard are fully met
- Ensure buildability issues are considered and given appropriate priority at procurement stage
- Ensure accuracy of prelims regarding safety, logistical issues and the management of environmental risks
- Support the Project/Assistant Manager to establish and manage a series of meetings with all contractors to ensure that they are fully aware of the latest design information (instructions, Request for Information answers etc.)
- Responsible for pre-planning and development of the site safety strategy, including all aspects of logistics
- Responsibility for demonstrating leadership, effective team working and contributing to the development of colleagues on the project
- Develop delivery metrics for all key trade's packages and, working with the construction management team, ensure that actual delivery outputs are measured and reported
- Conduct regular liaison with local neighbourhood and inform of any non-standard activities as and when required
- Experience as construction manager/site manager.
- Extensive knowledge of Logos operational safety systems.
- Understanding of financial and commercial systems and knowledge of contractual relationships and contract law (desirable)
- Delegation communication and direction skills
- Experience of managing field construction activities on major/ complex projects
- Understanding of site management principles
- Experience in logistics planning and implementations - multi phase
Competencies include :
- Accountability, Clarity in Communication, Customer Driven, Developing Future Leaders, Focus, Judgement, Team Building, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Interpersonal Ability.
Working Relationships :
Internal : Head of Development, Regional Development Manager
External : Client, External Project Stakeholders, Subcontractors, Suppliers