Consultant at Naman Staffing
Views:115 Applications:3 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Project Manager - Renewable Energy (12-15 yrs)
Project Manager at Gurgaon location for a renewable energy industry.
Experience : 12-15 Years
Qualification : BTech/MTech Electrical
Location : Gurgaon
Job Responsibilities :
- Project managers oversee the construction of the wind plant from site selection to the final installation of turbines. They coordinate the construction of a wind project, directing and coordinating activities ensuring that the project is complete on schedule and within budget.
- Project managers must be familiar with all aspects of wind plant development: from budgeting, site selection, site studies, and permitting processes and safety policies to construction and transportation of wind turbines. They have a deep understanding of wind specific construction concerns such as constraints on when cranes can operate due to high winds, geotechnical constraints on foundation types, and soil properties for cable and trenching operations. This knowledge informs construction activities as well as the development of bids for new projects.
- Project managers divide their time between the wind plant site and their office, which may be located onsite or offsite. Primary office responsibilities include managing permitting, contracting, and the budget. At the construction site, the project manager monitors progress and performs inspections for quality control. Project managers oversee the contracting process and manage various contractors and subcontractors. They are responsible for promoting a safe work environment and ensuring strict adherence to site safety policies.
Project managers in the wind industry typically do the following :
- Manage the design, engineering and construction of wind energy projects
- Develop, maintain and execute the project proposal or work plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project to assure that the project requirements can be met
- Establish or oversee the work plan, staffing, and budgeting for each phase of project execution, including design, engineering, procurement and construction, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel
- Establish the project engineering, procurement and construction budget and take responsibility for the regular review and reporting to accounting Project managers oversee the construction of the wind plant from site selection to the final installation of turbines. They coordinate the construction of a wind project, directing and coordinating activities ensuring that the project is complete on schedule and within budget.
- Conduct regularly scheduled project meetings with management, clients, and subcontractors to facilitate, confirm and communicate status of the project execution plan, schedule and engineering, procurement, and construction activities
- Provide or coordinate engineering support for development and permitting activities as needed.
- Oversee the execution of and compliance with construction contracts and work with construction team to ensure adequate scopes of work are executed under those contracts.
- Support project developers in developing the project and provide risk management assistance to secure power-off take arrangements, financing agreements, equity acquisition agreements, and requests for proposals (RFPs) related to the projects/sites for which the project manager is responsible
- Work in partnership with development department to assure a seamless transition of sites into the construction phase
- Coordinate and work with the legal department to facilitate the development, negotiation and execution of project contracts such as Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs), term sheets, contracts, turbine supply agreements, equipment purchase agreements, warranty agreements, commissioning agreements. Participates and assists with the construction and financial closings
- Coordinate the external bidding process required to procure goods and services necessary for all phases of project execution, including preparation of bid packages, evaluation of proposals, contract negotiations and recommendations to senior management
- Work with Asset Management and Operations departments to define the requirements for adequate project turn-over and then assist with the transition of the project to Operations upon project completion
- Oversee work product of the Construction Manager(s) and quality control personnel to project during execution of project and ensures compliance with reporting requirements under contracts and lender agreements, and to internal management.