HR at EsoTeky Solutions Private Limited
Views:734 Applications:157 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Project Manager - Sourcing (3-6 yrs)
Hiring Sourcing Project Manager for Pune location.
Job Mode : Permanent
Job Summary :
As a Sourcing Project Manager, you will work with Enterprise Business Unit teams focused on supplier prospecting, initial supplier assessments, and project management of sourcing initiatives. This role will work to network with new and existing vendors, build contacts, and be responsible for the initial assessment of these suppliers making recommendations for potential sourcing opportunities.
The Sourcing Project Manager will work closely with the Quality team in the arrangement and execution of vendor assessments, audits evaluation and root cause counter measures. They will also be called upon to assist in initial negotiations and to lead the project management of initiatives with the Suppliers.
- 4-year Degree required in Business, SC or Engineering
- 3-5 years minimum experience working in a manufacturing environment in a Procurement, Quality Assurance, or Engineering role is required.
- Project management certification preferred
- Six Sigma or Lean experience desired
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Competencies :
- Must have previous experience of supplier management and understanding of procurement best practices.
- The Supplier Project Manager will be responsible for leading new supplier prospecting initiatives by finding, vetting, and onboarding new sources.
- Responsible for Leading, monitoring, managing and reporting project progress, ensuring that vendor deliverables are received on time and as needed to achieve project success
- Will be able to lead negotiations as necessary and providing cost and quotation analysis when required.
- Will provide on the ground support for vendor management activities post product launch as point for identifying potential supply chain disruption situations and ensuring timely execution of vendor corrective actions.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Competency with various computer software applications, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power point is required.
- The position will require working without close supervision, managing and prioritizing multiple projects and leading activities to define and implement quality with team input as needed.
- Expect frequent travel - approximately 50-75% to outlying production facilities and suppliers. Occasional International travel may be required.
- Must have good English speaking and written skills.