Consultant at Michael Page
Views:168 Applications:14 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Project Manager - Warehouse Construction (10-15 yrs)
Project Manager - Warehouse
Job Summary :
- Responsible for delivering revenues assigned from client caused by flawless execution of projects.
- Consistently delivers profit margins planned.
- Typically manage projects involving RTF (Risk Triggering Factors).
- Manages complex client and project.
- Has decision-making authority and directs EPC Project Managers in recognizing risk and uncertainty with plans to mitigate and eliminate such.
- Directs staff to operate and minimize exposure to claims.
- Supervises and direct EPC Project Managers with multiple programs of projects.
- Coordinate with the stakeholders for smooth running of the project.
- Initiate and manage the design process, driving consultant team to ensure timely design development to meet schedule.
- Resolve design issues and ensure timely resolution of internal information requests and design decisions.
- Manage project scope and design development within the approved capital funding for the project. Track changes and obtain approvals for deviation from approved scope.
- Manage communication of project progress with internal stakeholders, coordinate dissemination of design information and produce regular reporting as required.
- Work closely with project team to identify best procurement approach for the project.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to generate required approvals to order equipment and engage contractors.
- Lead project team to ensure delivery of project to the required quality within the approved budget and to schedule.
- Manage project scope and change processes during project delivery. Liaise with project team and internal stakeholders to ensure timely resolution of project issues.
- Track project progress and report cost, schedule and scope issues.
- Manage handover of completed project to Operations.
- Track and monitor resolution of defects, close out project activities and complete closing reports.
- An accomplished Project Manager/Construction Manager with sound technical knowledge with experience in industrial and warehousing projects with delivering at least one grade A warehousing project from excavation to completion stage as project manager / construction manager.
- Should have sound technical knowledge of warehousing projects covering all domains such as civil / structural/ PEB and general understanding of services and other components.
- Should have the experience in leading a team of project personnel for various functions such as planning, quality, safety, supervision etc and adept in managing the delivery from the team as well as appointed consultants and contractors.
- Having prior experience of working in a PMC organization will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in Tamil is highly preferred
- Educated to degree level in a Civil Engineering or Construction discipline, or with equivalent work experience