manager TA at PARK BUSINESS CONSULTANT
Views:207 Applications:46 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Project Manager - Water Treatment (6-15 yrs)
Job Description :
Implementing, monitoring and course correction of new projects which will encompass the following areas :
- Maintain specific set of project standards based on encompassing documentation approvals, procurement, change control, progress reporting and close out.
- Manage project management consultants and vendors to ensure project processes are followed - from feasibility, scheme design and detailed design through to construction thereto handover .
- Establish the project execution plan ( PEP ) in conjunction with the project management consultant/Contractors. Ensure the PEP encapsulates the project life cycle and all project management processes.
- Oversee the processes whereby approvals, applicable licences, fire certificates and other statutory consents are obtained in conjunction with the Procurement Department. Ensure that consultants /contractors are appointed in accordance with the established selection and purchasing procedures.
- Monitor the base build construction (as applicable) and ensure progress is maintained as per project programme. Highlight risks and issues that may affect project programme.
- Monitor the construction phase to ensure project progress is maintained as per project programme. Highlight risks and issues that may affect the project programme. Take appropriate remedial actions as required.
- Ensure that project consultants and vendors are adhering to environmental, health and safety guidelines and processes. Ensure that change is controlled through change control processes and that project costs are within the parameters established.
- Monitor the project cost and ensure cost reporting process has been established. Advice of any cost overruns. Communicate with Management on the status of the project portfolio and day-to-day work flow, and ensure that issues arising are escalated on a timely basis. Identify and evaluate risks, prepare and update mitigation plans.
- Liaise with the Project Management team, providing inputs to strategic initiatives including the bench-marking of projects, term contracting and project process.
- Manage the training and development of directly employed staff. Encourage key managers to realize their full potential and eliminate any key man dependency issues.
- Foster a positive team environment encompassing all job categories and functions within the Firm. Overall, be process and execution focused to ensure the project objectives are delivered.
- Provide team direction during and after project handover with regard to defects, as-built drawings and other project documentation, financial close outs and final reporting.