Director at Career Infosystem
Views:260 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Proposal Engineer/Project Engineer (5-8 yrs)
- Work directly with customers to understand their processes and develop the best solutions for their requirements.
- Work with our sales team to professionally represent the company at a customer, gather data, and ask the right questions to define a project.
- Work with our engineers and designers to develop and quote cost effective solutions.
- Recognize and understand the customer's needs, make suggestions for possible solutions, and quickly develop budgetary numbers. Accuracy is essential.
- Typical applications are robotic assembly, material handling, machine tending, palletizing, packaging and machine vision, including vision inspection, measurement, and robot guidance.
Basic responsibilities include (but are not limited to) :
- Technology research / analysis
- Cost analysis and estimating
- Develop value-added propositions and proposal writing.
- Additional duties may be assigned, as required.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- A Bachelor's Degree in an engineering-related discipline (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, etc.).
- Technical aptitude is required - candidates must be proficient with the usage of MS-Office, Visio and basic CAD. Familiarity with control systems, robotics, high volume manufacturing, LEAN Concepts a plus.
- Strong Technical Writing Skills
- Applicants must be Citizens of the United States.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Strong interpersonal skills - successful candidates will communicate effectively, possess strong writing skills, etc.
- Highly organized, excellent problem solver, strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Minimum of five (5) years in automation, machine building or manufacturing industry with several years in sales or project management
- Ability to travel to the customer site as necessary
- Experience with simulation tools a plus