Purchase Manager - Wellness (6-7 yrs)
Do you have excellent procurement knowledge, have worked a little and wish to take your career in a new direction, then this role is for you.
Our client is a unique hygiene products manufacturing and distribution company. They provide easy to use, portable and disposable items for women and babies that are required during travel or on a day-to-day basis.
Founded in 2014, this company aims to enhance the quality of life and make it easier for women across the country. Recommended by best of doctors, their products are available across wellness stores and e-commerce websites, and selling like hotcakes - having sold over 20000 packs in their first year itself.
As a Purchase Manager, you will be responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment's in a timely and cost effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
What you will do :
- Implementing procurement strategy and policies.
- Forecasting procurement needs.
- Creating and implementing KPI's.
- Continually developing expertise to support growth for new projects.
- Monitoring macro trends in supplier and contract base and implement plans to react.
- Building and developing relationships with key suppliers and customers.
- Leading the procurement group in all phases.
- Identifying and developing training opportunities.
- Ordering materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved. Reviewing quotations.
- Preparing purchase requisitions, approving and issuing purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Maintaining procurement files.
- Tracking Purchasing activity and measurements.
- Discussing defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and taking corrective and preventative action.
- Ensuring supplier compliance with site and company requirements for safety.
- Managing vendor relationships and assisting in building effective partnerships.
- Assisting department in developing and implementing purchasing strategies for products.
- Taking over an existing project of customized and private label hygiene products.
- Helping to lower the cost and secure agreements.
- Liaising with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier
- Developing and implementing supply chain strategy for international business expansions.
- Assisting in managing shipment and custom activities for import/ export services
- Maintaining good relationship with vendors and service providers to improve overall business performance.
- Informing cost changes, shipment issues, supply concerns to respective personnel and team in timely manner
- Identifying opportunities for cost reduction, material flow improvement, and business development.
- Creating and maintaining detailed financial reporting on all import/ export activities including order management, logistics and shipping.
Candidate Profile :
What you need to have :
- Any Graduation
- Good knowledge of computer, MS office & MS excel
- Excellent knowledge of international business, import and export of wellness products
- Experience in procuring quality raw materials, handling vendors and suppliers
- Knowledge of accounting, finance, business laws etc