Human Resources at Puro Wellness Pvt. Ltd.
Views:610 Applications:181 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Puro Wellness - Purchase Executive - Material Management (3-7 yrs)
- Strictly From Food Industry
- The Purchase Executive is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the activities of the Purchasing Department. Additional responsible include developing and implementing departmental policies and procedures including change management relating to these procedures.
- Ensures purchasing functions are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures to maximize efficiency and minimize cost of organization's supply chain. Manages and monitors vendor's performance to ensure they meet company's requirements. Ensures that project and department milestones are met.
- Will be responsible for raw material/packaging material purchase
- Improve the price and quality of materials purchased
- Assess and manage supply risks
- Leverage and manage supplier relationships
- Ensure business needs and technology capabilities are linked and maintained
- Lead and develop commercial agreements
- Forecast supply availability
- Ensure material purchases are covered by contract
- Strong understanding of market price trends and competitive factors
- Monitor spend and purchase process
- Establish category priorities
- Follow established policies and practices to meet all company requirements
- Bachelor's degree required; Food Science, Technical or Business Management degree preferred
- 3-7 yrs of procurement experience in food industry.
- Excellent communication skills. Verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- With knowledge of material prices, can negotiate the best prices.
- Obtain technical documentation associated with materials purchased. Work with QA to manage that documentation.
- Work with Production Planning and Inventory Control to order materials for production.
- Develop and utilize a system to balance supplier order minimums with lead times and Total Packaging production schedules.
- Able to make decisions and implement change
- Strong understanding of technical standards associated with raw material and packing material.
- Monitor and react to trends in material costs, including food prices, paperboard (corrugated), and packaging film.
- Ability needed to communicate professionally with associates at all levels of the company as well with external contacts
- Must have a proven record of sound business decision making abilities
- Ability to read, speaks, and writes English is essential
- Assists in minimizing supplier base without compromising product quality, cost, supply availability and vendor relations.
- Manages and participates in the due diligence process for vendor selection.
- Performs vendor evaluations, reviews competitive bidding and requisitions.
- Assists management with proper purchasing internal controls to mitigate and minimize company risks.
- Performs cost benefit analysis.
- Maintains historical records relating to purchasing consumption, price history, contracts, and national programs
- Responsible for the development and implementation of effective Purchasing Department policies, procedures, and planning including metrics
- Ensures purchasing problems, errors, or discrepancies are promptly tracked and resolved.
- Identify patterns in reoccurring issues, identify the root cause, collaborate with internal departments to solve the issue and execute the solution.
Location : Mumbai
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.