Proprietor at Munsar Services
Views:767 Applications:128 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Quality Head - Manufacturing (15-20 yrs)
Provides strategic direction and leadership for the product quality initiatives of the Business in both QA and QC aspects.
Primary responsibilities includes :
1. Assures continuous improvement product quality towards customer satisfaction
2. Building product quality leadership and competitive advantage in the market
3. Strengthen the quality organization through multiple initiatives
4. Establish high standard quality processes for RM, Procured materials and Finished goods.
5. Manage the establishment and administration of a SBU wide Quality Management System (QMS)
Major Responsibilities :
1. Responsible for day to day function and team management of QC & QA function at Plant levels
2. Develop and refine SOPs for chemical analysis, instruments and calibration
3. Ensure of raw materials, intermediate, finished goods of all plants and utilities in unit to ensure conformance to the specifications and requirements
4. Providing support for operational issues in plant by carrying out special analysis
5. Analyse and address the quality complaints and failures at plant level and from market
6.. Strengthening management systems like IMS, TQM, PSMS pertaining to Quality Function
Key accountabilities :
- Head the quality system related activities for products and processes related to the manufacturing units for continuous improvements.
- Provide quality leadership and support in development of new products and processes.
- Sound exposure in troubleshooting and resolving several critical technical issues related to method development, product failures, customer complaints and plant operations.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, partners, and internal stakeholders in both the plant and at customer locations to enhance their perception and understanding of the product quality and systems
- Provide guidelines to unit QA functions for closing gaps in quality processes, monitoring and reporting results
- Collaborate with the marketing team for field related complaints and provide support for their reduction
- Develop and implement new quality initiatives and strategic projects to continually improve the overall quality of products.
- Facilitate quality audits and inspections as appropriate to demonstrate compliance to FCO standards and process specifications.
- Create an ecosystem to improve product quality & sensitivity towards maintaining high quality standards through use of 7QC tools, SPC, Six Sigma and Kaizen.
- Head the development & implementation initiative for improving the quality standards of organization and effective implementation of management systems viz., QMS, TQM, PSMS
Required Candidate profile:
- M.Sc. Chemistry and PhD in Chemistry. Preferably with certification or MBA in Quality Management
- Good knowledge in Six Sigma & Lean Six Sigma Principle
- 15 years of experience with 5-7 years of heading the quality function in a similar industry
- Rich experience in analytical, QC, QA, R&D with highly skilled in analytical method development and handling high end analytical instruments
- Good knowledge in manufacturing processes and system related knowledge for quality process
- Knowledge in SAP - QM module
- Deep understanding of the products, processes and practices of the business to plan and deliver the functional strategy
- Analytical knowledge, structured problem solving skills and expertise in management systems like QMS, IMS, LSS
- Proven leadership, communication and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to both work collaboratively
- Strategically contribute to the system development to minimize product failure or reprocess to reduce cost of poor quality and improve customer satisfaction
- Candidates willing to relocate to Vizag may only apply.
- Candidates from Fertilizer, Crop Protection and FMCG industry preferred.