Proprietor at Munsar Services
Views:2009 Applications:267 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:193
Quality Head - Plant - Fertilizer/Pharma/Granules Manufacturing (20-25 yrs)
Quality Head - Pan India - Multiple Plants
Exp :15-20 YRS
Location : Visakhapatnam
Job description :
- Provides strategic direction and leadership for the product quality initiatives of Fertiliser Business in both QA and QC aspects.
Primary responsibilities includes :
- Assures continuous improvement of product quality leading towards customer satisfaction
- Building product quality leadership and competitive advantage in the market Strengthen the quality organization through multiple initiatives
- Establish high standard quality processes for RM, Procured materials and Finished goods.
- Manage the establishment and administration of a SBU wide Quality Management System (QMS)
- To handle the local QA team based team at the plants
Major Responsibilities :
- Responsible for day to day function and team management of QC & QA function at Plant levels
- Develop and refine SOPs for chemical analysis, instruments and calibration. Ensure of raw materials, intermediate, finished goods of all plants and utilities in unit to ensure conformance to the specifications and requirements
- Providing support for operational issues in plant by carrying out special analysis
- Analyse and address the quality complaints and failures at plant level and from market
- Strengthening management systems like IMS, TQM, PSMS pertaining to Quality Function
- Head the quality system related activities for products and processes related to fertiliser manufacturing units for continuous improvements.
- Provide quality leadership and support in development of new products and processes. Sound exposure in troubleshooting and resolving several critical technical issues related to method development, product failures, customer complaints and plant operations.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, partners, and internal stakeholders in both the plant and at customer locations to enhance their perception and understanding of the product quality and systems
- Provide guidelines to unit QA functions for closing gaps in quality processes, monitoring and reporting results
- Collaborate with the marketing team for field related complaints and provide support for their reduction
- Develop and implement new quality initiatives and strategic projects to continually improve the overall quality of products.
- Facilitate quality audits and inspections as appropriate to demonstrate compliance to FCO standards and process specifications.
- Create an ecosystem to improve product quality & sensitivity towards maintaining high quality standards through use of 7QC tools, SPC, Six Sigma and Kaizen.
- Lead the development & implementation initiative for improving the quality standards of organization and effective implementation of management systems viz., QMS, TQM, PSMS
Required Candidate profile :
- Qualified Msc -Chemistry or Phd -Chemistry with Certification in Quality or MBA in Quality Management
- 20 + years of experience in Quality Assurance and quality control in FMCG ( non liquid, non paste ), Pharma ( Non API /FDA ), Fertilizers, Chemicals etc. Candidates with experience in Granulation process plants preferred .
- Should have prior experience of handling multi locational plants
- Should be involved in market interventions and new product development.
- Rich experience in analytical, QC, QA, R&D with highly skilled in analytical method development and handling high end analytical instruments
- Knowledge in SAP - QM module preferred
- Deep understanding of the products, processes and practices of the business to plan and deliver the functional strategy
- Analytical knowledge, structured problem solving skills and expertise in management systems like QMS, IMS, LSS
- Proven leadership, communication and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to both work collaboratively Strategically contribute to the system development to minimize product failure or reprocess to reduce cost of poor quality and improve customer satisfaction.
- Candidates willing to relocate to Vizag may only apply.
- Candidates currently heading single Plant / Corporate Quality department will only be considered.