Director at Dhruv Corporate HR Solutions Pvt. Ltd
Views:110 Applications:7 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Quality In Charge - Chemical (5-10 yrs)
One of our esteemed clients is looking for a Quality In charge to be based in santej. The role is for growth-oriented people with entrepreneurial mindset.
The 1st Company to be granted a license from the Bureau of Indian Standards. With more than 40 years of experience in the geosynthetics industry, Company have built more than 30,000 ponds globally. company provide end-to-end solutions for our customer's needs, ranging from consultation and product, to installation and after sales service.
MAIN ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY :
General Daily Routine :
In the beginning of the shift :
- Meet the quality team from Lab and Shop floor and review the situation from the previous shift(s) by checking all the reports, pending issues etc.
Decide the priorities of the day :
- Give proper instruction to Section Supervisor and make them understand the priorities of the shift for their section
At the end of the shift :
- Take proper shift update from the Shift QC Supervisors
- Give proper instruction i.e. Priorities, any issues pending etc. to next shift Section Supervisor(s)
Shift rotation :
- To ensure proper manpower is allocated in day and night shift so that necessary care is taken to man all sections based on manpower availability
- To ensure that night shift operation including manpower deployment, productivity, Occasional visits in the night etc. are managed well
During the shift :
- Meet the production team during the DWM meeting and inform quality issues and solutions and understand production priorities etc.
- During the day / shift ensure that entire Quality department is running smoothly as per SOP standard parameters and as given below from point 2 onwards
- Check the number of Section Supervisors available in the beginning of the shift
- Allot / rearrange manpower in section as per priority if there is an absenteeism etc
- Train QC team as per SOPs and help them achieve the Zero-defect final passing
- Training the newcomers in department to become skilled in quality SOPs
- Counsel the QC team member in case of indiscipline or any other issues
- Keep a regular eye on all important Quality parameters physically as well as through reports to ensure that customer gets full delivery with zero defects.
- Ensure that in consultation with production team, quality issues are resolved quickly so that the production is not hampered
- Supervise and guide the QC Team member(s)on all important steps as per SOP
- If there is any deviation from desired production / quality parameters talk to Shift / Section Supervisor(s)
- Understand the issue from Production / Section Supervisor(s)
- Take suitable actions on time so that desired production target with zero defect is met
- Ensure that all SOPs are complied with by quality team (refer Annexure A for list of SOP- s)
- Improve the SOPs from time to time
- Ensure that every process has SOP for quality check
- Ensure that the Corrective and Preventive Action plan (CAPA) is made for each quality compliant / issue
- Give timely feedback to Production so that the process can be corrected on time without a loss of productivity
- In case the complaint is received from customer, track the issue from the records and do an analysis of the complaint received and prepare CAPA for the same.
- This is very crucial as we provide 5 years warranty for our products
- Ensure that all concerned team members in Production and Quality team understand the CAPA made and follow the same.
- Ensure that all advance and correct methods are followed for QC testing in the lab
- Ensure that there is proper visit scheduled to vendor to ensure quality assurance of incoming material
- Select external authorized agency for certain testing reports from time to time
- Regularly take status report of all testing equipment in Quality department and ensure that they are in perfect condition to give proper test results
- To ensure that all equipment calibration is done on time
- Create awareness with the team about reduction of wastages if any during testing process
- Ensure that the supervisors handle the wastages as defined in the SOP
- Ensure that there is no wastage of material due to quality issues
- 5 s (Housekeeping) + Safety
- We need to achieve 6S i.e. 5s of housekeeping and Safety standards
- Ensure that the team is trained on on all Safety rules
- Enforce the use of PPE (Helmet, Safety shoes, Hand Gloves, Safety vest etc) in the plant
- Counsel the team members on unsafe behavior and for expected behavior for safe working
- Ensure that there is a proper format to capture all important finding on quality parameters
- Ensure a complete report management system is on place for proper traceability in case of any issue
- Ensure that the quality team fills in all the records
- Ensure that the reports filled in by team are analyzed regularly
New Product Development :
- Support and provide necessary help for trial work of new products
Quality Systems :
- To ensure that Quality standards mentioned in BIS and ISO are maintained in Products
- To ensure that ISO system audits and documentation are executed on time
- Training including Induction training
- To ensure that proper quality related training is imparted to operators on the job or in class room
- To ensure that all new joinees are explained properly about the production process and shop floor visit is planned.
A. Functional / Technical Skills required to manage the job successfully :
- Knowledge of Material fabric and its inspection for fault finding
- Knowledge of different types of defects
- Knowledge of Quality Parameters (as per SOP) for zero defect product
- 5s (Housekeeping)
- Knowledge of calibration process
- MIS (Knowledge of various reports)
- Knowledge of all testing machines
- Knowledge of equipment used for testing current advanced
- Knowledge of start to end process and impact on site when customer uses
- Knowledge of Raw Material, change in property and its impact
B. Behavioural Competencies :
- Initiative : Acts proactively to address critical problems or issues, as well as opportunities; does more than expected in the job
- Team Working : Contributes towards team goal by working co-operatively with others, also gets people's input to decisions/plans, and promotes team spirit.
- Communication Skills : Adopts a - win-win- approach to negotiation, argues skilfully and uses a range of approaches and techniques to influence, persuade or gain the support/co-operation of others.
- Motivation and Inspiration : Enthuses and inspires others, acts to lead team, provide direction and ensure that team completes its tasks successfully.
- Coaching and Mentoring : Facilitates people's development by providing constructive guidance/feedback and/or appropriate experiences/assignments designed to foster others- learning and development.
C. Task Management Competencies :
- Results Orientation : Focuses on improving performance or doing a task better i.e. faster, cheaper or more efficiently or by committing to the accomplishment of challenging objectives.
- Organizing and Quality Orientation : Ensures the accuracy and quality of own and others' work by checking or monitoring data and projects and by developing and maintaining systems for organizing work and information.
- Ability to Analyse : Understands complexities, breaks down problems or processes into their constituent parts; identifies cause and effect relationships and analyzes problems/situations using various existing frameworks and techniques to arrive at appropriate solutions.
- Decision Making : Collects and analyses information relevant to a situation, makes risk assessments and identifies various options or alternatives. Exercises judgment in making sound decisions.
- Customer Focus : Anticipates and works to understand and meet customer needs in a helpful way.
- Networking Skills : Builds or maintains internal/external friendly relationships or networks of contacts with people who are or might one day be useful to achieving work related goals.
- Strategic Orientation : Sees the big picture, recognizes or sees underlying trends, patterns or connections between apparently unrelated situations; identifies key issues in complex situations and develops original concepts to explain complex data.