Quality Incharge - Tobacco (4-8 yrs)
Job Description :
- Defining Algorithm to find VQI- Visual Quality Index
- Defining Quality Defects in Cigarette Making & Packing
- Incoming Tobacco moisture testing
- Incoming NTM testing
- Preparing Specification Sheets
- Preparing Brand Visuals
- Performing Weight & End loss testing for every running brand
- Performing VQA twice in a shift for every brand
- Ensuring Proper Brand Change procedures are being followed at floor.
- Ensuring quality of running brands at floor
- Ensuring Cigarette weight on Machines
- Weekly Quality Report on Major contributors to VQI
- Daily Report Consisting VQI of brands, Moisture trend etc.
- New Product Development- To create new blends of cigarette tobacco.
- Should know the effect of Physical Parameters such as Moisture content,% Relative Humidity, Cylindrical Volume, Particle Size (Large, Medium, Fine) on Blend during Primary Manufacturing Process.
Key skill :
- Smoke Testing.
- Sensory Analysis.
- Blending Different Grades.
- Operating GC.
Desired Candidate Profile :
- 4-5 yrs. of experience as Quality Officer/In-charge with a cigarette manufacturing company.
- Hands on experience in creating new blends of cigarette.
- Knowledge of type of flavor used & Different Grades of Tobacco.
- Should be able to create new blend on his own.
- Good sensory and Smoke Testing Skills.
- Should be able to manipulate the grades of tobacco used in order to formulate the recipe & equate previous TAR & Nicotine content percentage.