Quality Manager (7-11 yrs)
A Quality Manager is a professional who manages and controls the output process and coordinates all activities to related to quality plan, inspection, approvals and complete documentations. They need to plan to ensure workflow meets required deadlines along with quality standards to meet customer requirements.
Job Description :
- We are looking for an experienced Quality Manager to setup, manage and oversee the quality functions of sheet metal and precision products to cater Aerospace, Defense, Medical and Engineering Industries. He will be ultimately responsible for the quality output.
- Candidate to have deep know-how in Quality management Systems (QMS) procedures. Ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance. Decision-making and problem-solving ability will be everyday criteria in a startup/greenfield project.
The goal is to setup an efficient system for the process that meets customer requirements.
- Coordination with peers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and leadership qualities
- No compromise in Quality Standards
- Will be responsible for implementing QMS in the organization (ISO/AS Standards)
- To conduct FAI's and system tools to problem solving capabilities (Root Cause Analysis)
- Estimate and prepare Quality department infrastructure budgets
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Monitor stage and final inspections to resolve issues that arises during the process
- Supervise and evaluate performance of personnel (quality inspectors, operators etc.)
- Plan and determine the necessary resources at optimum level (workforce, Gauges, instruments etc.)
- Up to date records and documentation related to the QA/QC, Instruments Calibration history/Data sheets
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Documentations related to the QMS (ISO9001:2015 and AS9100) Quality manuals and Quality policies
- To conduct internal audits to ensure systems and documentations in place
- Enforce health and safety precautions
- Direct Report to the Company Director/MD/CEO/Plant manager
Requirements and skills :
- Candidate should be BE(Mechanical)/DME with 8-12 years of experience in Engineering Industry preferably from Sheet metal/Fabrication field
- Ability to read and understand the customer drawings. Should be familiar with the GD&T.
- Proficiency in preparing Quality Plans and Procedures as per the drawing requirements
- Proven hands-on experience in handling all types of quality instruments and measurement systems.
- Proficiency in creating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOP- s)
- Ability to setup new instruments, skill to learn know how technology and train subordinates
- Knowledge on Instrument calibrations and maintenance of history cards as per QMS.
- Basic knowledge in machining process, raw materials and their properties.
- Should have knowledge on inspection procedures related to welding, ie NDT
- Knowledge on working with CMM is an added advantage.
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Exposure to Quality Management System with ISO 9001:2015/AS9100 is a must
- Preferably a Certified Internal auditor for ISO/AS standards
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software preferred
- Good communication ability
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach to meet Customer requirements
- Recruitment and training of personnel for Quality department
- Ready to relocate to Mysore, Karnataka State.