Quality Manager - Food/FMCG (4-6 yrs)
Are you keen on building your career with an established brand and taking over the responsibility of achieving more with the company, then this role is for you.
Pioneer Foods Pvt Ltd is a Food manufacturing and exporting company that specialises in traditional snacks without compromising on the health factor. Their range of cereal based nutritional ready-to-eat snack packs are "Enriched with goodness". Their products are available across India, Middle East and North America, in stores and through ecommerce websites.
The company believes in focusing on providing tasty, roasted, contemporary flavoured and highly nutritious ingredients like Quinoa, Chia, Flaxseeds, Sunflower seeds, Oats, Fenugreek etc. with an Indian twist to the health-conscious current and future generations.
As a Quality Manager, you will be ensuring proper documentation of and regular implementation of all statutory compliances, company policies and requirements for food safety and quality.
What you will do :
- Maintaining documentation, updates and renewals of all statutory and regulatory compliances and ensure implementation of including but not limited to FSSAI, HACCP, ISO, BRCGS etc.
- Providing technical expertise and advice in areas of Food Safety and Quality along with legal requirements such as labels and nutritional facts as per FSSAI, and other norms
- Establishing policy and procedures to ensure that all food prepared at the facility complies with Food Safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards and all other regulatory norms; coordinating with QC and Production teams to monitor regular and effective implementation of these policies
- Conducting regular internal audit with QC and production teams; analysing, reporting and implementing corrective and preventive action regularly basis these audits
- Participating in labour management by conducting trainings etc.
- Monitoring implementation of GMP, traceability system, PRPs, CCPs, OPRPs, 5S etc.
- Working in coordination with production and QC teams to develop cost-control system, ensuring 0 defect food production and cost optimization on production floor
- Monitoring and conducting raw materials, finished goods and packaging materials analysis and take CAPA accordingly
- Driving in conjunction with QC, Production and Operations team vendor audits and approval
- Monitoring and conducting microbiological, chemical etc. testing, analysis and reporting as required
- Working with New Product Development Teams for research & development etc.
- Assisting in supervision of production personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, and initiating pay increases
- Leading mini teams and providing leadership and development opportunities through training so as to build an effective quality team.
- Regularly reviewing the feedback of implementation of suggested policies and identifying scope of improvement; discussing the same with senior management for regular plant and food safety upgrades
What you need to have :
- B.Sc; B.Tech/ B.E.
- Must know GFSI Standards such as BRCGS/ FSSC22000 standards latest version.
- Must know HACCP, USFDA standards, FSMA Act, FSSAI rules & regulations, statutory compliances etc.
- Must be strong in driving teams
- Must know quality systems & procedures well
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Indian labelling rules and regulations
- Must be proficient in global labelling rules and regulations
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control/ Food Safety in the F&B industry (preferably ready to eat snack segment)
- Able to multi-task and deliver perfectly in time
- Graduation in food technology/ food technology and processing. Post-graduation not necessary.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficient in oral and written English and Hindi