Associate Delivery Lead at
Views:823 Applications:112 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
R&D Head - Vehicle Design (18-25 yrs)
Job Summary :
- Planning and Management of the research and development department including new Engine and Vehicle projects
- Responsible for project planning & management as well as quality assurance of the new products developed by the company utilizing the latest technologies and standards to ensure market leadership and complete customer satisfaction.
- Follow design to cost initiatives, market & design requirements, value engineering and APQP methodology, project cost feasibility, parts cost, Opex and Capex investments in line with business targets defined by management.
- Responsible for the complete product development cycle i.e. project definition, concept design, prototype, testing and validation, design reviews and taking the product to mass production.
- Responsible for vehicle and engine integration, EFI & ABS calibrations, emission standards and homologation requirements
- Project owner of the platform and responsible for the lifecycle of the product including ECN'S, ECR'S
Key responsibilities :
- Lead the complete R&D efforts of the organization to bring to market industry leading products with innovation, outstanding design, impeccable quality and aimed to surprise and amaze the customer.
- Responsible for complete product development cycle including market research, benchmarking, project definition, concept design, prototype development, testing and validation & going to mass production meeting the deadlines, budgets and targets of the project defined by the company in advance.
- Responsible for the complete vehicle platform including integration of engine and body.
- Lead and manage the efforts of design (internal or consultants), simulations, prototyping, testing and validation, calibrations, emissions, homologations, etc. to develop the product as per targets and specifications.
- Co-ordination with prototype, hi-tech, tool engineering, VD, component development, Q.A, production and service department for proto development & production of engines and vehicle.
- Review and finalize engine and vehicle layouts (2d / 3d).
- Identification & solving of various production & service complaints during new launch prepare design guidelines & DFMEA of the engine power train parts and vehicle components.
- Prepare / check / update design review check sheets, design input data sheets / design output data sheets. co - ordinate with indoor testing team for deciding design validation plan (DVP) detail analysis of internal quality issues as well as field issues.
- Prepare a root cause analysis, decide & validate the countermeasure & take the corrective action for design change.
- Updates check lists so as to consider learning in new developments.
- Identifying and introducing design changes to improve performance of component and system evaluating design modification and value engineering proposals for cost reduction, improve part quality and performance.
- Design test setup & various trials conducted to achieve better results in vehicle performance.
- Product life cycle management.
- Design reviews, gate releases, manage budgets as per project.
Desired profile :
- Mechanical engineer with a minimum of 18 years of experience in R&D of complete vehicle platform including Engine having worked for major 2 wheeler OEMS.
- Experience in design, development, testing & validation, calibrations and homologations, complete development process from idea to mass production.
- Experience in New engine design & development. Familiar with all industry standards for design, testing & validation, EFI and ABS calibrations, quality standards, SOPS, emissions and homologation norms, project management.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.