Founder & CEO at Smart Talent Consulting Services Private Limited
Views:755 Applications:157 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:52
Regional Operations Head - Automotive Components Manufacturing Plant (18-25 yrs)
Leading automotive components and precision-engineered products manufacturer HQ in South India.
The Role :
Regional Operations Head (GM Level) - Reporting to the COO
Purpose of the role :
- The Regional Operations Head is responsible for leading the strategy and execution related to customer fulfillment, budget, resource utilization, quality, delivery, and talent management, as well as fostering a strong culture.
- This individual will assume responsibility for the costs, methods, operations, safety, service levels, and quality performance for their respective locations.
- This position is responsible for leading all Plant Management in their activities to ensure each facility is delivering key metrics, operating within budget and providing a positive work environment.
- In short, this role is responsible for the P&L for the region.
Role expectations :
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the manufacturing plants in the region
- Collaborates with other teams to develop, implement and execute budget and business plans
- Coordinates divisional activities such as manufacturing, planning, and maintenance, to affect operational efficiency and financial performance
- Coordinates and partners with EH&S on the development of and adherence to safety and environmental practices and procedures and assumes ultimate responsibility for division safety
- Develop and define critical performance metrics to control processes, measure performance, and guide corrective action
- Reviews production planning and product mix for the region; modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitability at each location
- Liaise with other functional areas so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives, purposes, and achievements
- Responsible for the development and leadership of the region's Plant Managers, develops and motivates, monitors, and evaluates performance, coaches and counsels as necessary
- Monitors actual versus planned performance of manufacturing plants and overall regional performance; pursues and implements remedies to close any performance gaps
- Demonstrates leadership and judgment consistent with company philosophy, goals, and objectives
- Interprets and applies company policies and procedures, and ensures that established policies, rules, regulations, and procedures are followed throughout the region
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with company's policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
The person for the role :
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Engineering with Mgmt
- 18 to 25 years Operations Management experience; in tier 1 auto component manufacturing, with at least 5 year of leadership experience in multi plant and multi product environment.
- Lean experience, budget, operations setup, and management
- Solid understanding of production outputs, budget spending, labor efficiency material efficiency, lean manufacturing principles, and effective personnel utilization
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to interact with other business units, employees, and outside vendors
- Proven project management, time management, and leadership skills as well as problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Successful experience with managing and developing talent and building a strong team to improve organizational capability
- Extensive knowledge of operations management practices and methods including Operational Excellence tools.
- Ability to develop and deliver communications and presentations both up and down organizational levels
- Develops compelling communications and positions in order to persuade, influence, and impact others
- Effectively navigate through complex situations, both internal and external, that may require multiple decision-makers
- Able to work in an environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers
- Can establish both tactical and strategic plans and ensure successful execution