Founder & CEO at Smart Talent Consulting Services Private Limited
Views:900 Applications:174 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:52
Regional Operations Head - Automotive Components Manufacturing Plant (18-25 yrs)
Leading automotive components and precision-engineered products manufacturer HQ in South India.
The Role :
Regional Operations Head (GM Level) - Reporting to the COO
Purpose of the role :
- The Regional Operations Head is responsible for leading the strategy and execution related to customer fulfillment, budget, resource utilization, quality, delivery, and talent management, as well as fostering a strong culture.
- This individual will assume responsibility for the costs, methods, operations, safety, service levels, and quality performance for their respective locations.
- This position is responsible for leading all Plant Management in their activities to ensure each facility is delivering key metrics, operating within budget and providing a positive work environment.
- In short, this role is responsible for the P&L for the region.
Role expectations :
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the manufacturing plants in the region
- Collaborates with other teams to develop, implement and execute budget and business plans
- Coordinates divisional activities such as manufacturing, planning, and maintenance, to affect operational efficiency and financial performance
- Coordinates and partners with EH&S on the development of and adherence to safety and environmental practices and procedures and assumes ultimate responsibility for division safety
- Develop and define critical performance metrics to control processes, measure performance, and guide corrective action
- Reviews production planning and product mix for the region; modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitability at each location
- Liaise with other functional areas so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives, purposes, and achievements
- Responsible for the development and leadership of the region's Plant Managers, develops and motivates, monitors, and evaluates performance, coaches and counsels as necessary
- Monitors actual versus planned performance of manufacturing plants and overall regional performance; pursues and implements remedies to close any performance gaps
- Demonstrates leadership and judgment consistent with company philosophy, goals, and objectives
- Interprets and applies company policies and procedures, and ensures that established policies, rules, regulations, and procedures are followed throughout the region
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with company's policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
The person for the role :
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Engineering with Mgmt
- 18 to 25 years Operations Management experience; in tier 1 auto component manufacturing, with at least 5 year of leadership experience in multi plant and multi product environment.
- Lean experience, budget, operations setup, and management
- Solid understanding of production outputs, budget spending, labor efficiency material efficiency, lean manufacturing principles, and effective personnel utilization
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to interact with other business units, employees, and outside vendors
- Proven project management, time management, and leadership skills as well as problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Successful experience with managing and developing talent and building a strong team to improve organizational capability
- Extensive knowledge of operations management practices and methods including Operational Excellence tools.
- Ability to develop and deliver communications and presentations both up and down organizational levels
- Develops compelling communications and positions in order to persuade, influence, and impact others
- Effectively navigate through complex situations, both internal and external, that may require multiple decision-makers
- Able to work in an environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers
- Can establish both tactical and strategic plans and ensure successful execution
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.