Saathi Pads - Research & Development Engineer - Bio/Material Science (2-4 yrs)
Job Description :
- R&D works on product development and research for new products and materials.
- Research engineers must also keep an eye out for other uses of the products upon which they are working. Dual uses of new developments - for example, in homes as well as in industry, or in medicine as well as in space technology - will increase earnings that stem from the development of a product.
Skills Required :
- Needs to have a background in chemical or materials engineering with knowledge of product development, research and development, in-depth knowledge of material properties and application, documentation
Job Description :
A research engineer may work in or supervise a research department.
Some duties of a research engineer include :
- Analyzing, implementing, and testing the materials developed in a research lab/factory
- Development of new product
- Rapid prototyping for test trials
- Working with the engineering team for assisting them in case of any troubleshooting
- Using accepted methods and techniques, assist with the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical engineering products, systems and subsystems
- Learn and apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes
- Contribute to experiments/tests in the laboratory/field to test, prove, or modify theoretical propositions on the basis of research findings and experiences of others researching in related technical areas; may include taking measurements and recording observations, collecting, compiling and processing data
- Contribute data/findings for use in technical reports, documents, or oral/written presentations
- Creating designs for instruments or devices based on innovative concepts so that they are functional
- Writing research and grant proposals and maintaining contact with research sponsors
- Coordinating a team of researchers and staff working on a project
- Interact in a collaborative manner with other team members, engineers, and scientists to accomplish organizational goals; may provide ideas to improve efficiency at the group level