HR Recruiter at Aanvikshiki HR Solutions
Views:366 Applications:42 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Safety Engineer - ISM/ISPS Audit (15-20 yrs)
- The main responsibility of the DPA are to ensure the proper implementation of the ISM/ ISPS / MLC codes, both on board the ship and in the office.
- Further to that, He/she has to make sure that all new SOLAS, STCW and the Flag regulations coming into force are properly implemented.
- According to the ISM code, he/she acts as a person especially designated to ensure a reliable connection between the management and the Seamen and to supervise the operation of the vessels, monitoring the safety and the pollution prevention aspects of the operation of each ship and ensuring that the adequate resources and shore-based support are available.
- Conducting of ISM, ISPS and MLC internal Audits on board ships operating globally and in office
- Analyzing working practices, writing reports, detecting deficiencies and non-conformities
- Introducing and monitoring corrective and preventive measure in co-ordination with the management, the Department Heads and the ship's command
- Defining training needs of crew members
- Conducting / reviewing shipboard Risk Assessments
- Additional tasks will include the careful assessment of ISM forms being received from the vessels, revision of the manual and checklists to conform to new requirement
- The follow up of ratification progress of upcoming regulations and development of training tools to assist sea farers as well as arrangements for the continuous familiarization of the office colleagues on new legislations
Skills : A DPA has to be a person willing to assume responsibilities and able to travel. He/ She has to be a person fond of planning
Skills related to technical side of the job of a DPA are :
- Extensive knowledge of application international and national flag states codes, guideline and standards such as ISM codes, ISPS code, SOLAS, MARPOL, MLC, STCW etc.
- Very good command of English
- Very good knowledge of Maritime Industry
- Knowledge of computers
- Ability to assess ISM forms received from vessels
Soft skill required in the job of a DPA are :
- Ability to build good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to assess management structures and propose improvements
- To be a good trainer
- To be able carry out internal audits
Training/Education requirements :
- The typical training routes to fill the post of DPA is Master/Chief Engineer ticket holder.
- A DPA has first to follow accredited DPA and Company Security Officer- Maritime (CSO) courses and obtain the respective certificated.
- CSO also includes auditor accreditation. Maritime Labour Certificate (MLC) required by the Maritime Labour Convention 2006 and other training demanded by new regulation.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.