Director at Ideal Consultants
Views:391 Applications:99 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Safety Manager - Chemical (10-12 yrs)
Job Title : Manager Safety
Location : Khandala, Mumbai
Qualification : Degree in Chemical engg with Diploma in Industrial safety from Regional labour institute /Central labour institute Or Any recognized safety course of respective state or M. Tech. Industrial safety
Experience : 10-12 years.
Required Specifications :
- As indicated above, NEBOSH/CSP /lead auditor in ISO-45001 will be an added advantage
- Handled the job at Manager level at least for 3 years
- Only form manufacturing industry
- Green field project handled
- Age : 35 years
- 6 days working
Target industry or companies :
- From API bulk drum pharma industry
- Chemicals, dyes, pigment or specialty chemical industry
Job Purpose :
- Ensuring industrial Safety at manufacturing plant.
Primary Responsibilities :
Safety Management :
- Involvement in review of the safety policy annually or whenever required
- Periodic review of the health and safety performance against set goals and objectives
- Comply with all applicable health and safety statutory regulations
- Ensure implementation of Safety Manual to achieve its health and safety objectives
- Maintain and continually upgrade health and safety standard at the plant.
- Conduct risk assessments, safety audits / inspections at :
a. Prescribed frequency and take all remedial measures to
b. Mitigate fire and safety hazards, arising out of plant operations,
c. Within and around the plant
- Define roles and responsibilities of employees in the safety organization of the plant.
- Keep employees informed, educated, trained and retrained on health and safety to ensure safe conduct of their jobs.
- Encourage employee consultation to promote safety and building a safe work culture.
- Ensure that each and every employee including contractors and visitors comply with all safety rules and regulations framed for the plant.
- Implement Behavior Based Safety Program at the plant.
- Ensure safety Induction program for all new entrants and continuous training programs for all employees working in the plant.
- Ensure safety meetings in the plant and closing safety points of such meetings.
- Appropriate action, in case of a violation by an employee, as per rules and procedures framed for the purpose
- Ensure that all safety equipment are maintained in good manner.
Key performance indicators :
1. Covering 100 % employees for induction
2. No violation with permit / LOTO system
3. 100 % reporting of incidents
4. Attending assigned safety meetings
5. Participation in assigned HIRA
6. Training 1 man-day/ year
7. 100 % compliance with legal portal Safety week celebration each year
8. All time availability of appropriate PPEs
9. Zero Reportable accident/ Dangerous
10. occurrence at site
11. Zero NC in safety audits
12. 100 % compliance with statutory requirements.
Engineering Safety :
- Ensure Safety of the employees during use of work equipment such as machinery in motion, dangerous machines, self-acting machines, casing of new machinery and revolving machinery
- Ensure that all employees and contractor's worker are aware about work permit system and are trained.Arrange access equipment to work at height/ confined space
- Ensure material safety data sheet for all chemicals available int he plant and train all employees on MSDS. Control the exposure of persons and the environment to substance hazardous to health, to prevent injury, illness or damage
- Ensure that there are procedures in place for the examination,inspection, maintenance and safe operation of all mobile(manual and self-propelled) plant or equipment.
- Ensure that adequate controls are in place for the correct provision and use of personal protective equipment to assist in the prevention of injury.
- Incorporate ergonomic principles in all aspects of the workinge nvironment in order to prevent injury and ill-health.
Fire Control System :
- Identify the hazard and risks for fire within the plant and control them with appropriate measures.
- Ensure that documented procedures and effective systems are in place for safe evacuation of people in the event of a fire.
- Establish systems and procedures for dealing with emergency situations.
MEASUREMENT AND CONTROL SYSTEMS :
- Reporting system for incidents is to capture all unintended /unplanned events that have resulted in losses or have the potential to do so
- Ensure that all incidents including near misses and damages are investigated to prevent their re-occurrence.
- Ensure that safety statistics are maintained to measure the safety performance of the organization.
WORKPLACE IMPLEMENTATION :
- Ensure that adequate signage is displayed to warn of danger,hazards, and actions to be taken, safe and prohibited areas around the workplace.
- Ensure that identification of the contents and direction of flow of substances, including gases and vapours in pipes and vessels.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.