HR Researcher at Camellia Management Services LLP
Views:286 Applications:76 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Safety Manager - Environmental Management (12-18 yrs)
Designation: - Safety Manager
Department: - Safety
Through understanding and experience with Environmental Management such as:
- Consent to operate under water act, air act and Hazardous waste (Management and Handling rules as per Gujarat Pollution Control Board.
- Knowledge of disposal of Hazardous waste through authorized agencies certified by Pollution Control Board, Zero discharge of treated effluent.
- Efficient vent gas scrubbers installed at critical locations to ensure safe discharge to atmosphere
- Awareness of protecting the storm water streams,
- Training for handling, segregation and storage to shop floor employees.
- Monthly air, chimney stack and noise level monitoring at different locations.
- Knowledge of Trend analysis of pollutant parameters on regular basis.
- Process Hazards Identification and Controls.
- Knowledge of Safe operating procedures forms part of operating documents (eg PID, SOP etc). MSDS forms the basis for safe handling of chemicals.
- HAZOP or risk analysis wherever hazardous operations are involved.
- Knowledge of Safety devices or systems for Equipment are selected for any process based on the level of protection available for the equipment (PRV, RD, Scrubber etc.).
- Knowledge of documentation of Safety related modifications or process changes and control procedures.
- Safe working practices are ensured by strict adherence to work permit systems Preventive maintenance is carried out as per schedules.Safety process interlocks are provided for critical process steps through PLC systems, All equipment's and plants are provided with earthing which is finally grounded to the earthing pits, Jumpers are provided to all solvent transfer lines.
- Ensure use of Personal protection requirements at all stages of operations and to provide PPE's for safe handling and prevention of accidents.
- Specific PPE (eg. SCBA, airline respirators, fire suits etc..) are to be made available at critical locations for handling emergencies
- Areas for general purpose PPE's (helmets, safety shoes, safety goggles etc) are identified and usage made mandatory
- Ensure Fire fighting systems are provided to all buildings and plants, approved by local statutory body.
- Documented on-site emergency disaster management plan is available.
- Periodic training is imparted to all employees through class room sessions and mock drills.
- Periodic testing of fire fighting equipment's is done as per statute.
- All plants and office areas provided with emergency exits.
- Nominated trained team for emergency handling and first aid is available round the clock.
- Off-site disaster control support from local civic authorities and neighbouring industries.
Must maintain and be responsible for records such as:
- Factory licence
- GPCB consent.
- Approved plan by Deputy director safety and health. (Factory Inspector)
- Stability certificates for buildings and structures.
- Explosives departments licences to store Petroleum class A/B/C substances
- Explosives departments licences to store Compressed gases
- Boilers certificates
- Inspection and testing of unfired pressure vessels.
- Inspection report by electrical inspector, about electrical installations.
- Licence to operate material lifting hoist.
- To ensure Safe working practices are ensured by strict adherence to work permit systems, Preventive maintenance is carried out as per schedules,Safety process interlocks are provided for critical process steps through PLC systems, All equipment's and plants are provided with earthing which is finally grounded to the earthing pits, Jumpers are provided to all solvent transfer lines.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.