HR at Sedemac Mechatronics Private Ltd
Views:70 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
SEDEMAC - PCB Design Engineer (2-5 yrs)
- We at SEDEMAC are on the look-out for a "Engineer, PCB Design" to join our stellar Hardware team.
Job Description :
- Engineer, PCB Design- is a member of SEDEMAC's electronics hardware team. The primary role of the candidate is to perform PCB layout of electronic controllers designed at SEDEMAC, while coordinating with an interdisciplinary team comprising circuit design engineers, mechanical design engineers and manufacturing engineers. The electronic controllers designed at SEDEMAC are typically those involving mixed signal circuits and power electronics for automotive, generator set and telematics applications.
The candidate is required to :
1. Participate in schematic drafting in coordination with circuit design engineers. Typically, the circuit design team will share drafted schematic, but - Engineer, PCB Design- may be required to participate in (or occasionally drive) schematic drafting on a case-to-case basis.
2. Prepare components to be incorporated in the electronic component library of the PCB CAD tool. This step involves creation, verification and maintenance of electronic component symbols and footprints as per relevant IPC standards, design guidelines and component supplier recommendations.
3. Layout PCB while coordinating iteratively with circuit design engineers and mechanical design engineers to accommodate circuit level + mechanical constraints + DFM (design for manufacturability) constraints. This is the most important activity for this role and bulk of the time of the candidate will be spent performing PCB layout.
4. Participate in reviews and incorporate review comments from circuit design engineers, mechanical design engineers and manufacturing engineers.
5. Generate CAM files and coordinate with bare PCB manufacturers to clarify design specifications and resolve engineering queries encountered during manufacturing of the bare boards.
6. Document all artefacts related to the PCB layout exercise, including the project files, fabrication specifications, conformity to checklists, assembly drawings etc. over relevant engineering portals at SEDEMAC.
7. Write white-papers to continually improve the state of knowledge of PCB design and layout at SEDEMAC. Such white-papers will act as a source of knowledge to other colleagues at SEDEMAC.
8. Occasionally represent SEDEMAC during customer interactions to integrate SEDEMAC's products with the customer's system.
9. Support in root-cause-analysis in events of failure of product observed during validation / in serial life.
Desired technical skills :
- Proficiency in a PCB CAD tool (PADs Professional is a plus, while knowledge of Eagle is also mildly desirable)
- First-principles based understanding of concepts on EMC (electromagnetic compatibility), thermal engineering, signal integrity / power integrity is desirable.
Desired soft skills :
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team.
- Sense of ownership and urgency when working in the company.
- Strong sense of ethics
Additional information :
- The selection process will be multi-phased tests plus interviews.
- There will be a focus on evaluation of the candidate's understanding of technical, analytical & logical skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics, Electronics and Telecommunication or Electrical Engineering.