Senior Architect - Hardware/Mechatronics - Healthcare (15-20 yrs)
- Responsible for Mechanical & Electrical architecture definition and in the Product Requirement Specification; advising the System Architect regarding choices of what has to be achieved in hardware and what in software (multidisciplinary), and further advising on make-or-buy decisions, working closely with supplier and Business units across Philips products.
- Drive cluster level synergy on best practices for product quality
- Creation and development of a Mechatronics Center of Excellence including Senior Architect, Program Manager, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics leads, experts, engineers and technicians.
- Responsible to Lead team technically and Manage People performance
- Staying abreast of / participates in standards know-how
- Responsible for effort estimation and inputting for Program planning
- Define subsystem architecture under considerations of platform constraints
- Working closely with all the other team members both R&D team members for the projects
- Ensuring Reliability and Serviceability requirements of the system / subsystem / components for a project
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with country specific regulations.
- Managing R&D relationships with Engineering service suppliers.
- Delivering on all functional responsibilities including Hiring, Coaching, Competency management, Performance management, etc.
Required skills and experience :
- Education:Master in Science in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, Electronics Engineering.
- 15+ years in engineering initially as engineer and later as Group management role.
- Excellent Communication skills & People management skills
- Technical exposure in Mechatronic designs to make proposals for strategy building for the group
- Creative problem solving on the localization / standardization of components on complex product families.
- Experience working with Localization, Value Engineering, Global supplier transfers, Value analysis, Tear down analysis, Product Engineering, testing and inspection of developed components / parts