Senior Design Engineer - Mechanical (6-9 yrs)
Job Description :
- Independently research, design, develop, modify and verify components, modules and sub-systems for currency processing machines
- Support and execute segments of complex multifunctional teams to advance projects through the design /development/launch process.
- Work on design solutions based on plastics, sheet-metal and machined components
- Knowledge of manufacturing process and DFM
- Good knowledge of Geometric dimensioning and tolerances and stack up analysis
- Excellent design thought process to see though cost
- Work with Systems engineering thought process on electro-mechanical software integrated system
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build partnership to achieve business objectives
- Translate market requirements to design inputs/ specifications and produce complex system level designs with some guidance.
- Conduct or design advanced prototyping and testing.
- Analyze and correct complex product design issues using independent judgment.
- Advance solutions by applying in-depth knowledge of customer needs, market and competitive offerings.
- Support market needs internally and with field inputs.
- Demonstrate developing financial acumen.
- Be proficient with and mentor others in usage of industry standards, including design requirements and test strategies per applicable regulations.
- Follow and mentor others on R&D procedures of design controls
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering, or Master in related discipline
- 6 to 9 Years of experience with strong technical ability to develop and optimize designs for mechanical / electro-mechanical assemblies incorporating DFM principles
- Strong technical ability in creating engineering drawings, models, applying GD&T and CAE tools
- Application of knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes to product design.
- Good in technical communication and medium complex plan