Senior Design Engineer - Mechanical (8-11 yrs)
General Function :
Responsible for supporting the development, specification, design, and testing of machinery and equipment. This includes mechanical concept development, detailed design and analysis, engineering drawing creation and checking, BOM development and issuance, ECO initiation and completion, and Value Engineering for all new and existing products.
Primary Responsibilities :
- As an employee maintain an effective working knowledge and awareness current documented Quality Management System as it pertains to their job assignments.
- Evaluate customer specifications and comply with machinery output
- Mechanical design of mechanical components and assemblies using Autodesk Inventor 2015 or later.
- Evaluation and selection of mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic components including gears, bearings, actuators, cylinders, valves, sensors, etc.
- Value Engineering of designs to achieve cost targets while maintaining/improving function.
- Initiation and completion of Engineering Change Orders as necessary to address issues with mechanical designs and/or drawings.
- Support Purchasing and Production Control by addressing inquiries related to mechanical design related items.
- Support the build and commissioning of new machinery by addressing inquiries from Fabrication/Assembly related to mechanical design related items.
- Working knowledge of materials, and finishes
- Experience in Machine Designing & Development
- Familiar with shop fabrication methods and techniques
- Familiar with OSHA safety standards
- Working knowledge of industry design drafting standards such as ANSI Y14.5 (1994 or later)
- Proficient in 3D solid modeling software - preferably Autodesk Inventor 2015(or later) or equivalent (e.g. SolidWorks, SolidEdge, ProE)
- Good technical communication (verbal and written)