Managing Partner at Antal
Views:361 Applications:31 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Senior Electrical Engineer (10-18 yrs)
Senior Electrical Engineer - Female
The Central Engineering Chennai currently has an opening for a Lead Electrical Engineer in our Engineering Solutions located in Chennai. This design engineering role is filled by Electrical Engineers with an emphasis in Power. Candidates must have an Electrical Engineering Bachelor's Degree from an approved university with ~10 years relevant design engineering experience with appropriately demonstrated knowledge and skill development.
The successful candidate will function mainly as a lead engineer on medium to Large sized projects at several facilities managed by the Chennai engineering center. He/ She will supervise designers and drafters to develop and assemble the contract package in accordance with the project schedule. As a member of a multi-discipline, capital project design team, the Electrical Engineering Specialist is responsible for the development and detailed design of electrical systems for Chemical Process Units. The Electrical Engineering Specialist utilizes applicable design criteria, design tools, best practices, and established work processes to complete detailed design packages.
Initially, the Electrical Engineering Specialist will work under the guidance of the assigned Peer/Technical Coach to develop the necessary leadership and technical competencies required to function as an Electrical Lead Engineer. The successful candidate will be expected to quickly learn and effectively apply the Dow design tools, work processes, standards, and best practices, and to teach them to the rest of the team both contractors and Dow. The candidate is also expected to serve as a leader of the discipline driving productivity and performance improvements.
- Electrical system layouts design - Design and preparation of substation layouts, Control & Power panel arrangement, Cable trays and other raceways layout, Equipment layout, Lighting and Grounding layouts.
- Design and Preparation of Overall Single Line Diagram, Metering & Protection SLD, Power system configuration option including Medium voltage distribution and low-voltage installations.
- Design and Preparation of MV and LV Breaker and relays control schematics, equipment control schematics, lighting & receptacle distribution scheme, circuit diagrams etc.
- Sizing and preparation of cable schedule, raceway calculations, distribution panel schedule, inter connection schedule.
- Design of Electrical hazardous area classification layouts.
- Design calculations for CT/PT sizing, Grounding system, Cable sizing, Lightning protection system, Transformer sizing, Battery & Battery Charger, Indoor & Outdoor lighting, DG sizing, NGT/NGR sizing Lighting.
- System calculations and system design including Electrical load flow, Short circuit analysis and power system protection and protection device coordination, Motor starting and re acceleration studies.
- Front-End Loading requirements and preparation of Invitation to Bid (ITB) packages for outsourced projects.
- Detailed Engineering, preparation of installation details.
- Equipment specification, selection, vendor drawings review, purchase, factory test, startup and commissioning support.
- Master Degree in Electrical Engineering from approved university.
- 10+ Years of design engineering experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the following areas of project execution environment for Chemical/ Oil and Gas Industrial Projects.
- Proficient in usage of ETAP tool for system calculations and design.
- Basic knowledge in usage of Micro station tool for developing electrical layouts, distribution drawings and control schematics etc.
- Experience in modeling environment - Smart plant 3D modeling experience for Cable raceway design, equipment's and Light fixture design, Junction boxes, control stations and receptacles.
- SP3D model reviews, interference checking with other disciplines using Smart plant review software.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.