Senior Research Consultant at Gallop Research
Views:134 Applications:2 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Engineer/Manager - Electrical - Substation Engineering (5-10 yrs)
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Hands-on experience on EHV switchyards/substations of 110KV and above.
- Subject knowledge over, Active/ Reactive/ Apparent Power, Power factor & compensation.
- Preparation/review of Substation layouts, Schematics & Calculations.
- Create/ modify one-lines, three-lines, control & Communication schematics, wiring diagrams, relay panel arrangements, and cable lists for high voltage (110kV & above) substations.
- Perform Switchyard design calculations such as CT & PT Sizing, Burden calculations, Lighting Protection calculations, short circuit calculations, Bus-bar Sizing, earthing protections, Conductor Sizing, Sag & tension Calculations etc. corresponding to international standards.
- Perform Control & protection calculations & schemes such as plant Relay Settings with minimal guidance.
- Create/ modify/ review of detailed technical specifications of major equipment such as Power Transformers, Power circuit breakers, Substation Control & communication equipment & other EHV equipment.
- Preparation/ review of Control & Communication Cable schedules.
- Responsible for preparing a detailed Scope of work & BOQ for substations of 110kV & above.
- Provide technical support to ground personnel during installation & commissioning process.
- A Strong background of National/International Standards IS/IEC/DIN/EN/NEN.
- Must be experienced in designing software/tool like AutoCAD / ETAP/ PSSE etc.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge over Utility standards.
- Must have good communications skills.
- Must ensure deliverables with minimum timelines & maximum accuracy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Education: BE/BTech or ME/MTech preferably in Electrical Engineering/Power Engineering/ Renewable engineering or equivalent.
- 5 -10 years of overall experience & minimum 5 years- experience in Substation design. (Candidates from solar power developers will be added advantage).
- Knowledge of different tools Like Auto Cad, ETAP / PSSE / Dig SILENT (Added advantage) etc.