Founder & CEO at PKS & Associates
Views:80 Applications:5 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Engineer - Mechanical Design - Logistics Firm (5-6 yrs)
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer @ Bangalore, India
Our client is a logistics company and they need to fill the following position asap.
Position : Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Education : BE/BTech/ME/MTech - Mechanical Engineering or related field
Experience : 5+ years
Location : Bangalore ( Only Bangalore based candidates being considered )
Compensation : Competitive and commensurate with candidate caliber and experience
Role Responsibilities and Desired Profile :
1. Candidate will conceptualize design, detail design, and assembly of various mechanical parts.
- Form relationships with outside manufacturers and vendors in order to facilitate mechanical design processes.
- Follow-up with the part development and manufacturing process as per the timeline and take responsibility for getting the parts manufactured on time.
- Develop and maintain engineering standards and practices within the department.
- Creation of Bill of Materials for the projects. Design various subsystems, integrate with electronics, and bring them together in an overall product assembly.
- Researching and deciding upon different materials required to achieve performance specifications.
- Use GD&T and follow internal drawing standards to generate appropriately dimensioned drawings with realistic tolerances that assure desired assembly performance using Tolerance Stack Analysis.
- Define and coordinate various prototype releases, including pre-pilot and pilot as required by the project plan.
- Select 3rd party vendors for automation components and solutions as well as provide direct feedback to their optimisation based on desired applications.
- Create, gather and document requirements for automated solutions, including identifying HW and SW dependencies.
2. Candidate must be a BE/BTech/ME/MTech - Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ Years of professional experience in product design and development. Proficiency with AutoCAD Inventor or related software.
- Working experience in Product Development. Good presentation skills and strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to undertake design for various loads (radial /axial) and working conditions. Knowledge of Static & Dynamic Stress analysis.
- Should be experienced in Product costing. Strong knowledge about fabrication, sheet metal, and industrial design.
- Strong knowledge about machine-shop tools, such as 3-axis, 2 axis CNC machines, laser cutting, CNC punching, CNC bending machines.
Apply only if you are Bangalore-based. You will need to attend final interviews at company's Bangalore ( CV Raman locality ) office which will also be your regular work location.