Recruitment Manager at Karmaa Solutions
Views:754 Applications:57 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Engineer - Mining Engineering - Open Pit Operations (12-15 yrs)
Job Description :
- Qualified Mining Engineer with 12 - 15 years post-graduate experience
- Extensive experience in open pit mining preferably in deep pit (hard rock / base metal operations). Any experience in greenfield operations will be advantageous
- Some exposure to contractor mining operations in selective mining operations
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of short term/medium term planning and budgeting as well as operational support.
- High level of competence in the use of mine planning, scheduling and reporting software. Experience with DATAMINE, SURPAC, DESWIK, MINESCHED. DATAMINE PREFERRED.
- Technical expertise in Open Pit mine design, drill and blast, optimization and planning
- Experience in mine de-watering & slope stability
- Recent and relevant experience in open pit mining operations
- A sound knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Capable of writing Technical reports in English (knowledge of French will be an added advantage)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical detail to a variety of stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Strong analytical & data query skills with attention to detail.
- Team orientation and strong ability to take initiatives.