HR at Goodmans International
Views:371 Applications:69 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior HSM Engineer (5-10 yrs)
Job Description :
All the candidates must have steel industry background.
Candidates must have a integrated Steel Plant experience for the above posts must have good command over written Spoken English with the required Experience as specified Computer awareness is a must relevant programs to the post are desirable. Besides Emirates Steel.
Job Title : HSM Senior Engineer
Position Title : Senior Engineer
Department & Section : HSM Operations
Direct Manager : HSM Assistant MANAGER
Working Relationships (internal):
- Roll Shop
- HSM Maintenance
- Automation systems
- Roll Pass design
- Continuous improvement
- Process engineer
- Health & Safety
- SMP2 Department
- Quality Control
- Dispatch / Logistics
- Quality Assurance
- Central Maintenance
- Maintenance Planning
Operational areas include; Re-heat furnace; Mill Rolling Processes; Finishing End. The plant will operate on a 24hr/7day 3 shift operational basis. Our customers expect a high quality service in terms of accurate and timely deliveries and exceptional product quality. The mill offers a piece count and cut-to-length service with the ability to dispatch to specific customer bundle requirements. The mill has a broad range of products and sizes, the ability to plan and manage a continually changing environment are critical. With circa 15-20 stand changes a week, detailed attention to planning and scheduling is essential
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Key Accountabilities) Strategic Contribution:
- Facilitate a safe process/work.
- Facilitate with solutions to critical technical, operational, scheduling and resource issues to ensure maximum plant utilization and contribution.
- Provide professional advice and support to all levels of the business on Rolling/Finishing end Processes related issues to ensure that the production capability of the business is optimized.
- Significantly & proactively contribute to, advice and support the HSM Business Development and Strategic Planning processes.
- Plan Plant, Departmental & Individual Objectives effectively derived from the Business Short and Long-term Objectives.
- Ensure the effective achievement of Rolling/Finishing Processes functional objectives through leadership of the production, maintenance & associated function setting departmental & individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to ensure that the highest level of performance is achieved
Budgeting & Forecasting:
- To help and support the HSM Assistant Manager to prepare and manage the annual budgets and the cost management, with the right information/potential from the areas under his responsibility.
- To help and support the Assistant Manager to prepare and manage the OPEX/CAPEX budgets from his area of responsibility.
- To help the HSM Assistant Manager to Collaborate with Departments to deeply understand develop Customer expectations, relationships & alliances and service levels.
- To help the HSM Assistant Manager to Collaborate with Departments to implement effective Asset Management, Maintenance and Shutdown strategies and activities.
- To help and support the HSM Assistant Manager to Ensure the resources provided according to the defined Organization Structure are optimally utilized and communication takes place in an efficient manner.
- Ensure the Safety in all the involved processes/situations. Develop the safety culture; update/create work instructions to ensure the safety of the involved people in his area of responsibility and the equipment. Stiblish the risk assessment when required.
- Ensure the areas under his responsibility are managed according to QA procedures/ instructions, and to update them when required.
- To help and support the HSM Assistant Manager to Direct the planning, allocation of resources (physical and human) and oversee the implementation of appropriate process, controls and instructions in the Rolling Processes to ensure that all processes are carried out in an efficient and cost-effective manner. - World Class Manufacturing & Facilities Management Philosophies, Policies, Procedures, Practices and Results in compliance with Business Objectives and Regulatory requirements to achieve 1S09001/14001/18001 accreditation.
- To help and to support the HSM Assistant Manager to ensure effective coordination of departmental activities, external suppliers and other outside agencies in order to support the achievement of departmental objectives.
- Personally resolve critical technical and production problem in order to minimise the production downtime in coordination with the HSM Assistant Manager.
- Lead and promote technical development in both plant equipment and processes in order to ensure continuous development and production improvement in his area of responsibility in coordination with the HSM Assistant Manager
Ensure the application of and adherence to a robust quality management system so that the entire product meets consumer expectations and non-conformance is minimized
- To help and support the HSM Assistant Manager to Direct the implementation of an approach to Rolling processes/Finishing end processes/equipment maintenance which ensures maximal availability of plant in his area of responsibility
- To help and to support the HSM Assistant Manager to set up maintenance system to capture all cost per equipment to ensure Proper Predictive and Preventive Maintenance are being implemented, in his area of responsibility.
- To help and to support the HSM Assistant Manager to recommend capital plan for the Rolling/Finishing Processes, which defines Emirates Steels anticipated capital expenditure in order to ensure that the company has the physical capability to meet its strategic objectives and the company is aware of the likely impact of capital expenditure upon cash flows in his area of responsibility.
- To help and to support to the HSM Assistant Manager to direct the ongoing review of the physical condition of all Emirates Steel physical assets in the Rolling/Finishing Processes to ensure that those assets are in a suitable condition to allow the organization to fulfill its strategic objectives and they comply with any relevant legislation in his areas of responsibility.
Safety, Quality & Environment :
- Ensure safe work during each shift and take strict measures to ensure better safe working practices at work.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the Rolling/Finishing Processes to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products / services and a responsible environmental attitude.
Policies & Procedures:
- To help and to support the HSM Assistant Manager to direct the development and oversee the implementation of operational policies covering all areas of Rolling/Finishing Processes activity so that all relevant procedural / legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers in his area of responsibility
- World Class HSEQ & CSR Philosophies, Policies, Procedures, Practices and Results in compliance with Business and Regulatory requirements to achieve IS09001/14001/18001 accreditation
- World Class Human Resource, Ethical & Cultural Values, Philosophies, Policies, Procedures, Practices and Results in compliance with Business and Regulatory requirements to achieve IS09001/14001/18001 accreditation
Additional Duties and Responsibilities :
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities (attributes) required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Thorough knowledge about functions of all areas of a Sections Rolling Mill activity.
- Product specifications and quality requirements in the Medium / Projects range (sheet pile preferred too)
- Knowledge about operation and maintenance of Section Mills & related problem solving
- Good written and spoken communication English skills.
- Strong computer and data analysis skill
- Ability to study and understand engineering drawings.
- Strong commitment on Safety
- Thorough knowledge on roll pass design, mill schedules and rolling mill engineering
- Strong knowledge of Mill Order Scheduling, Optimisation and Pacing.
- Strong knowledge of re-heat furnaces, thermo-mechanical metallurgical processes, International Standards and Requirements.
- Strong knowledge on steel manufacturing supply chain
- Strong knowledge of the steel sections commercial and market scene
- Strong knowledge on computer systems, report, data analysis & mining.
- Good knowledge on mill automation
Minimum Education Qualifications (Must Haves)
- Engineering or Management Degree
Any preferred professional training (Nice to have)
- Strategic Management
- Asset Management
- Facilities Management
- Budget and Cost Control
- World Class Manufacturing methodologies
Professional Experience (Must haves)
- 10-15 years' experience in Medium/Heavy Section Mills.
- 5-10 years in a Senior Management role in Medium/Heavy Section Mills.
- Previous Experience/exposure Recommendations (Nice to have)
- Familiar with Projects and Plant Startups
- Strong Engineering experience in Rolling Mills.
Key Performance Indicators
GOALS: Progress against Objectives & Targets
SAFETY: AI & LTI; # Near miss and hazard reports; Incidents; Suggestions; Audit & Accreditation scores; Shop floor observation/coaching.
PEOPLE: # Suggestions; Absenteeism; Overtime; Employee Feedback/Morale; $investrnent/employee.
OPERATIONS & ASSETS: Annual OP; Plant OEE; Right-First-Time; Inventory ($-days); Supplier Initiatives; Contribution ($/T); # Improvement Projects; Proactive v reactive maintenance; MTBF.
CUSTOMER: Satisfaction indices; OTIF; Complaints & technical response.
COSTS: Budget; Detailed Spend Analysis (Cost/T).
Key Performance Indicators will be effectively deployed and integrated with teams/employees on a yearly basis.
- Achieving Results: Target Efforts: Focuses relentlessly on the key priorities
- Customer Service: Meets underlying needs: Tailors products and solutions to meet the needs of customers
- Initiative: Acts 6 months+ ahead of time: Identifies and seizes opportunities further than 6 months ahead
- Integrity: Speaks Out: Confront malpractice or when others do not act professionally or ethically
- Commercial Awareness: Conducts research: Does or commissions research to get a full picture
- Complex Thinking: Clarifies complexity: Cuts through the detail to identify the key issues in a complex situation
- Openness to Change: Changes an approach: Adapts previous approaches and methods a go
- Change Leadership: Set the example: leads from the front - sets the example
- Developing Capability: Supports self-directed learning: Asks questions to help the person workout the answer for them
- Holding People Accountable: Challenges Poor Performance: Monitors performance closely until it is on track again
Influencing: Influences indirectly: Lobbies before an important meeting
- Partnering & Teamwork: Builds Team Spirit: Does the things which build team morale and identity
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Iron and Steel
Functional Area:Engineering Design, R&D
Role Category:Engineering Design
Role:Technical Lead/Project Lead
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time
HSM SENIOR ENGINEER hsm sr.engineer hot rolling mill senior engineer
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.